A Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great Day

after something over 3 years mixed highs and lows, we are within 4 - 6 months of (officially) having our 5th grandchild .. .. he will be four years old next month and our single daughter has been fostering him since he was seventeen months old.... he and two brothers where taken by social services when they were found to be living in conditions that it wouldn't serve any positive purpose to go into .... in court this morning both parents gave up their parental rights .... they have one week during which they can change their minds .... while that could happen, based on what happened in court this morning, it isn't anticipated .... if nothing changes between now and next Friday, the formal adoption process will begin .... 4 to 6 months from then his adoption will be official .. .. for our entire family, that will be a very happy day .... until then we are prohibited from posting any type of identifying details or pictures .... in keeping with what we have done for our oldest grandson, a few years from now another Henry 357 will be in the gun vault ..
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Great story, great news. We have an 'adopted' son who lived with us in WY for several years during high school--they are in process of adopting their foster son, but bureaucracy/rules are a huge hindrance to finalizing. Too many 'last chances' for birth mom. Sometimes, you just want to wring necks as to how these things are handled, with seemingly no real care for the best interests of the child. You and daughter are very fortunate for the system to work for you.
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
      how these things are handled, with seemingly no real care for the best interests of the child. You and daughter are very fortunate for the system to work for you.

sadly, what's in the best interest of the child isn't the major focus of handling such cases .... that's beyond shameful .... we've learned a great deal in going through this process for over 3 years ... until its all settled, that's about all I should say
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Got news for you... he adopted you all LONG before this day in court.
        Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
        2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
        sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
        Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

I consider him my grandson now; adoption will make it known to the world. I have learned so much about the foster-adopt system and am so appalled that the last people considered by the court are the children. Laws need to change but probably won't.

Comment

Working...
          X