2020 "deplorable" moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 "deplorable" moment

When all is said and done, I believe CNN will regret this moment. Remember when Hillary referred to Trump supporters as "a basket of deplorables"? I believe CNN has just refreshed that division with the below clip.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/watch-...s-stupid-hicks

The divide between the cities and rural areas... the coasts and flyover country continue to widen. Dare I say... dangerously so.
    I truly believe we are set upon a path to a dangerous place... and folks like this (and those like them on the right who seek to mock and insult first) are gleefully pushing the accelerator.

Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

This is way CNN (Comedy News Network) is loosing viewers.
    Archie & Barbara Prince
    SE Georgia (Home)/Middle Tennessee (Home away from Home)
    2007 GMC 2500HD CC L/B LBZ Duramax/Allison Transmission
    2011 Big Country (Heartland) 3250TS
    Curt Q5 20K Hitch
    Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
    Rieco-Titan Ground Control
    TST TPTMS
    Progressive EMS-HW50C

Comment

I can recall when watching news on TV, CNN was the definitive source for reliable reporting; especially overseas issues. Today, like Fox News and MSNBC, they are political hacks. Seems as if you have a "news reporting" organ, you have to pick a side. Papers are just as bad, if not worse. The local paper, the San Antonio Express News hates ALL conservative (read Republican) view points. There was a time when the Fourth Estate was considered vital to a healthy republic but today it has become the propaganda wing of one of the two parties. Not much credibility out there...
      wiredgeorge Mico TX
      2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
      2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

It's all news infotainment now to play to ones bias. Unbiased news and true journalism disappeared 20 years ago but is getting more polarized daily. Used to take paper because it had more in depth coverage of news stories and more local news. Now pick up pretty much any local news paper in the country and you can barely tell the difference from one to the other. Generic short versions of broadcast news tilted to their particular bias. That's one expense I deleted when I retired. Had time to sit and enjoy reading paper and no real content to read. Couple pages of stale news and 18 pages of adds.

I do miss it for campfire starter. So now I cheat and bring propane torch to start fires with.
        Greg

2014 Ford Super Duty Diesel Platinum Package Tuxedo black
        2014 Landmark Grand Canyon 39 ft.
        Andersen Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by greg View Post
          It's all news infotainment now to play to ones bias. Unbiased news and true journalism disappeared 20 years ago but is getting more polarized daily. Used to take paper because it had more in depth coverage of news stories and more local news. Now pick up pretty much any local news paper in the country and you can barely tell the difference from one to the other. Generic short versions of broadcast news tilted to their particular bias. That's one expense I deleted when I retired. Had time to sit and enjoy reading paper and no real content to read. Couple pages of stale news and 18 pages of adds.

I do miss it for campfire starter. So now I cheat and bring propane torch to start fires with.
          I took the Express News for years; used to read it for news then later used it for packing material and read only the funnies and did the puzzles. Cheaper just to buy packing material. Paper kept shrinking with both content and size.
          wiredgeorge Mico TX
          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
          2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

CNN has really low standards. Say what you want but if Rush or FNC had done or said what Lemon said/did in either this episode or the last one....he would have been gone. As for newspapers, most of our paper consists of articles they have imported from AP (six in today's paper), every one bad mouths Trump, his politics or anything for which he stands.
            Bert
            2014 American Eagle
            Freightliner Chassis
            DD 500

Comment

Working...
            X