No announcement yet.

2017 Summer Trip To South Dakota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got some a few days ago in Charleston at $2.299.
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
    16K DrawTite, LineX
    His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
    Elle and BJ

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

makes me wish I was in Charleston .... I've spent a while this morning (until it got too hot out there) taking care of some small things that need to done prior to us leaving .... also had to put out some fire ant poison ....even though we have them pretty much under control, it appears to be a never ending process .... Maureen is getting as much grandchildren time as she can prior to us leaving .... our oldest granddaughter and her just returned from the local strawberry patch .... strawberry muffins, a strawberry pie, and strawberry preserves are on tap for the rest of the day ....
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Don't know what you use on the ants, but this stuff KILLS them. They don't just move over a few feet. BTW, don't open it in the house, you'll be in trouble with your supervisor.

Clayton & Gayle
        2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
        2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
        Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by CWGilley View Post
          Don't know what you use on the ants, but this stuff KILLS them. They don't just move over a few feet. BTW, don't open it in the house, you'll be in trouble with your supervisor.
          I've never heard of that brand, will fill that info away for future reference .... we use AMDRO[SUP]
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I have plenty to do to get ready for departure next week. But yesterday I got my quilting stuff organized so I can finish 5 baby quilts this summer. I will also take some knitting and embroidery stuff.
            The camper floors are mopped and the vacuuming must be done. I have boxes and bags of things ready to move out there. I think it go pretty quickly once I get to it. Today I plan to finish a quilt for a new great-nephew. and the never-ending laundry. It is odd to have to be ready so soon after coming home. It will also be odd to be home in July and August.

Comment

one heck of a busy day in the neighborhood .... having sons can really come in handy and today was a prime example .... the boys showed up early and we got both the camper and the truck washed and waxed .... naturally rain is in the forecast for most every day between now and when we are scheduled to pull out ...
              Attached Files
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Looks like they had adequate supervision.
                Clif and Millie
                Mabank, TX (sorta)
                2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC
                2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler

Comment

with over 30 years of top level training, they need very little supervision .... as anticipated, rain is on the way and it is in the forecast for the next 3 days ....
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

the rain system that has pounded us for the last 3 days has moved on .... puddles in the yard are shrinking .... by noon the standing water shown below should have soaked in to where we can begin loading the camper .... we hope to have everything but the last minute stuff packed by sometime tomorrow .... I've come across a grease fitting on our hitch that will not take grease .... replaced the Zerk fitting but it still will not take grease .... going to take the truck over to our local independent mechanic and have him look at it .... I've thought of trying to find a garage that has one of those high air pressure grease guns
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

back from the mechanic and all's good .... he installed yet another Zerk ( I'd bought a box full ) and it also wouldn't take grease ... he switched to a high powered grease gun, there was a few seconds of resistance, then grease started to flow .... apparently whatever was getting in the way moved .... got back home and went use R2 ( name given to our shop-vac many years ago ) to vacuum the camper's basement, plugged into a basement outlet, pushed the start button, nothing happened .... checked and all breakers were good .... plugged R2 into a house outlet and it worked .... back to camper, found a second outlet inside the camper without power .... checked living area GFCI, it was good .... moved to the bedroom area GFCI and found it to be tripped ....no clue why .... R2 started right up .... if the GFCI hadn't of been the problem, we would have had to call an electrician .... very glad it did, saved us a few bucks
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

in spite of being sidetracked by finding some fire ant mounds that needed immediate attention, an unexpected (to me ) grocery trip to Walmart along with a side trip to a local farm market for really good tomatoes and some of their other products that Maureen likes the camper's basement vacuumed and is very close to being packed for the trip .... we should be able to get the rest that needs to be done before the sun hits that side of the basement .... truck interior has been vacuumed, windows scheduled to be washed late Friday afternoon .... for some reason only known to some mysterious powers in the universe, diesel is selling at a station less than 3 minutes from the house than at truck stops along our entire trip .... consequently, job one in the morning will be to fill the tanks
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

most of today has been spent packing and taking care of last minor, necessary details continues in earnest .... examples : lubing steps, lubing hitch pin, lubing front landing gear, vacuuming, plugging in secondary frig, double locking the patio awning, storing 4 step stool, storing lawn chairs, lubing all compartment key locks, fixing 2 breaks in our Sidewinder Plastic Sewer Hose Support, replacing a front trim seal .... by the end of today, moving food out to the camper and literally last minute items should be about all that remains .... the first thing this morning we topped off the truck's tanks, she should be good for something over 750 miles .... with that we can make it to St Clair (see opening post) but I'm not comfortable pushing it that far, the TA truck stop south of Toledo, OH looks good on paper ....
                          Last edited by JEBar; 04-27-2017, 09:46 PM.
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Today we will air up tires, wash truck windows, load the last of the clothes and food items so that all remains is last minute stuff to be done in the morning.

Comment

with the exception of a few things (like this computer ) that can't be loaded until tomorrow, we are (hopefully) ready to go ..... we hope to get on the road around 9AM which should put us well behind the rush hour traffic .... we are looking forward to visiting with Sara and David (muddy princess sara) tomorrow .... Sara is bringing the hotdogs, she says her area is famous for them ..... no planned fuel stops tomorrow, it should be our longest day's drive taking something less than 7 hours ....
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I'm looking forward to following along with y'all. Hope it's your best trip ever. Like Charlotte used to tell me: "Be careful. Remember there's crazy people out there".
                                Clayton & Gayle
                                2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
                                2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
                                Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

Working...
                                X