2018 winter trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 winter trip

we are looking forward to returning to Texas in early January .... our itinerary is far from complete but as it stands now is shown below .... I expect to make a good number of edits between now and when we currently plan to leave home on 1-5-18

1-5-18 ... Home to Heritage RV Park, Augusta, Ga .... projected 282 miles / 4 hr 14 min

1-6-18 ... Augusta to Sherling Lake RV Park, Greenville, AL .... projected 339 mi / 4 h 46 min

1-7-18 ... Greenville to Baton Rouge KOA, Denham Springs, LA .... projected 314 mi / 4 h 26 min ... . reserved on 10-15-07

1-8-18 ... Denham Springs to Thousand Trails Lake Conroe, Willis Tx .... 294 mi / projected 4 h 46 min

1-8-18 to 1-29-18 ... at Thousand Trails Lake Conroe Campground

1-29-18 ... Willis to Thousand Trails Colorado River Campground, Columbus, TX .... projected 117 mi / 1 h 45 min

1-29-18 to 2-19-18 ... at Thousand Trails Colorado River Campground .... at this point we will be the furthest west .... projected 1,349 miles / 19 h 57 min from home .... historically supplementary running around adds hundreds of additional miles

2-19-18 ... back to Thousand Trails Lake Conroe Campground .... projected 117 mi / 1 h 45 min

2-19-18 to 3-12-17 ... at Thousand Trails Lake Conroe Campground

3-12-18 ....Lake Conroe.. to to Baton Rouge KOA, Denham Springs, LA.... 294 mi / 4 h 45 min .... reservation made

3-13-18 .... Denham Springs to Eagle's Landing RV Park, Holt, Florida .... 271 mi / 3 h 57 min

3-14-18 .... Holt, FL to Dreamland RV Park, Douglas, Ga .... 294 mi / 4 h 34 min

3-16-18 ....Douglas, Ga to Home .... 6 h 45 min / 433 miles
    Last edited by JEBar; 10-16-2017, 04:47 PM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

We stayed at Ivy Acres RV park, just off I-85 a couple years back. I would go back for a few nights. My brother lives there and this is the nearest tohis home in Simpsonville.. Greenville does not have many cg's.
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
    16K DrawTite, LineX
    His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
    Elle and BJ

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

we've overnighted at Sherling Lake RV Park in Greenville, AL 4 or so times ,,,, its a city park with full hookups and so far at least a clear view of the southern sky .... its close to the interstate and, so far, has worked out well
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
        we've overnighted at Sherling Lake RV Park in Greenville, AL 4 or so times ,,,, its a city park with full hookups and so far at least a clear view of the southern sky .... its close to the interstate and, so far, has worked out well
        Sorry, it was late when I read your post, I was thinking Greenville, SC. I f was all here I would have connected Augusta with I-20.
        2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
        06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
        16K DrawTite, LineX
        His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
        Elle and BJ

In the past:
        97 27RKFS SB
        04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

you do things like that toooooo .... I thought I was the only one .... who does things like that ....
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

pre-trip truck maintenance and upgrades have taken center stage for the last couple of weeks .... so far, both truck cranking batteries replaced, battery kill switch crafted and installed, heater fan master power switch installed, complete service, 110 battery maintainer/charger replaced .... a couple more electrical gremlins have surfaced, headlight dimmer switch not working and in-dash GPS/backup camera not working .... I hope its just fuses, plan to check tomorrow morning
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

pretrip preparations continue at a relaxed pace .... much stress relieved when we got the rear view camera working .... the OEM GPS is next to useless, so if we don't get it going, no real loss ,,,, my current theory is the cable for the roof mounted GPS antenna was cut when the windshield was replace .... I'm going to call tomorrow and inquire about a replacement .... the sticking point appears to be the way the dash has to be removed to be able to install a new one .... I just don't know that I'm willing to undertake that project .... looking at the weather forecast, we plan to spend much of Tuesday cleaning, reorganizing, removing things that we use in South Dakota but not in Texas, adding things we do need, and replacing all water filter elements .... next weekend we have the first of three weekend camping trips scheduled to test all systems prior to pulling our for Texas
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Looks like your 'plan' is on schedule.

We get the rig out of storage on Thursday to get ready for our departure on Saturday or Sunday...might be Sunday because of snow in the forecast up I-80 at the higher elevations.

Will be changing water filters also and will look at the water heater anode then do the lubing of the axles and tire pressures.

All that is left is 'the proper loading' for the AZ Winter....oh and all my wife's crafting things!!
                2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS -Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
                View Photos
                Mor-Ryde pin box and suspension, Auto Leveling System, Polar Package, Dual Pane Windows, 2 AC's
                And more...

2009 Chev. Silverado
                View Photo
                Long box, Dually, Crew Cab, 4X4, Duramax/Allison, American Tank 65 gal. aux fuel

View our Trip Journal

Comment

must say I'm impressed by you being able to get ready in such a short period of time .... in a couple of weeks we will have had our Titan for 12 years .... during that times she's bounced down the road for many, many miles .... with the exception of the rubber roof, with the maintenance she gets and the upgrades we've made, I honestly believe that she's in better shape than she was on Halloween 2005 when I picked her up at the factory and brought her home .... that said, we will still check and recheck prior to hitting the road
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

It hasn't been sitting that long...we use it during the summer for trips under 200 miles of home.

Haven't put all those in our Trip Journal as they are repiticious of previous outings.

So with the pantry staying pretty much stocked it's a matter of reloading the fridge, fresh clothes and bedding and rearranging the basement besides those other things I mentioned.

All is good.
                    View Photos
                    Mor-Ryde pin box and suspension, Auto Leveling System, Polar Package, Dual Pane Windows, 2 AC's
                    And more...

2009 Chev. Silverado
                    View Photo
                    Long box, Dually, Crew Cab, 4X4, Duramax/Allison, American Tank 65 gal. aux fuel

View our Trip Journal

Comment

due to family commitments and a bit of surgery, ours has been parked for 4 months .... that's rather unusual for us .... by the time we pull out after Christmas she will have been used for about 10 days out of the last 6 months .... here again, unusual for us .... when we parked it, all was well .... sure hope that is still the case
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Sure hope health is better and that ypu get everything ready in time to pull out after Christmas.

Safe travels.
                        View Photos
                        And more...

2009 Chev. Silverado
                        View Photo

View our Trip Journal

Comment

good wishes appreciated .... hopefully, we should be good to go
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

our schedule shown in post 1 in this thread has been updated to reflect our projected path home
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

WOW, they are calling for it to get down to 38 here in central NC tonight .... that sure motivates our desire to head for Texas ... started working on the camper's basement today, guess I must have taken care of the first foot of space inside the door side basement door .... one of those days when I ended up having to do three other things before I could take care of whatever I was trying accomplish .... cleaned all three water filter housings and replaced the elements .... I believe the company we have contracted with to handle the damage caused by a major hail storm .... new roof (home and garage), new siding and windows on our house .... during that time we will have to park the camper in a different location which isn't much of an issue .... that said, we have to be ready to move in with little notice because we plan to stay in the camper while the repairs to the house are being made .... guess all systems will get a considerably longer pre-trip evaluation than anticipated ....
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                              X