No announcement yet.

2018 winter trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drove the Sportchassis about 40 miles today and, thankfully, she ran well ... so as best I can tell, all systems are go .... we are scheduled to pull out late tomorrow morning towing our camper for a long weekend outing .... we are supposed to have subfreezing temps Saturday morning, should provide a decent test for the camper's heating systems .... not looking forward to the temps but we are sure looking forward to getting out again.... this is our last scheduled outing prior to a 600+ mile tow over Thanksgiving .... after that, a club outing in December then we head for Texas after New Years .... by the end of this year it appears that we will have put something over 10,000 miles on the truck .... all of a sudden our coming winter trip is beginning to feel real
    Last edited by JEBar; 11-10-2017, 01:46 AM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Good deal all systems are a GO. Hope y'all enjoy the outing.
      Clayton & Gayle
      2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
      2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
      Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

looking forward to it .... some of the guys from this forum will be there
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
          so as best I can tell, all systems are go
          OK, I was a bit too optimistic .... first, the hitch wouldn't lockup .... moved the truck out from under the pin box and found that the O-ring we use to secure the lube plate had broken .... no problem, I have several spares .... it was then I noticed the off door side rear leveling jack would not fully retract .... that happened a while back and the cause ended up being water getting into that jack's hydraulic reservoir .... put the slide our and then had to do something I really didn't want to do .... that being, to crawl under to where I could work on the leveler .... I instantly learned that with my recently replaced knee, crawling is history .... I can still roll or scoot but crawling out .... got the cover off of the reservoir and the red fluid was pink .... yep, definitely a water issue .... draining the tank and replacing is a simple but messy task .... got it done and the leveler works as it should .... air pressure in one of the new trailer tires was low, aired it up and will monitor it ..... after that, things smoothed out and (2+ hours later than planned) we got on the road .... so far, so good
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

we are back home from a really good 4 day outing with our camping club .... as mentioned above, historically we use these camp outs as a test to determine if we are ready to hit the road .... as things turned out, we do have some things that need to be taken care of .... the most pressing need is to replace the two remaining OEM slide awnings (the kitchen slide and the bedroom slide) .... I knew that a hail storm a while back put some holes in the kitchen slide cover, a heavy rain last night proved the holes were bigger than I thought .... in addition, the wind that came with the rain tore the front edge of the bedroom slide awning .... there is no way to patch either one of them so they both have to be replaced .... since these two have lasted since they were installed back in Oct of '05, I guess its time .... based on this thread ===> https://www.myrvtalk.com/forum/custo...ughtop-awnings <=== Tough Top Awnings .... looks like its back upon a ladder so as to get the measurements ..
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you rise to the heights....be careful.
              '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
              '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
              '10 F450 4x4--new to me
              First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
              Livin to go campin
              In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

thanks ... your concern is justified and appreciated ...
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

trip prep continues .... yesterday one of our sons came over and replaced the broken tension spring on our camper's toilet ....

happy to report that the replaced tension spring appears to be working as designed .... this being the second one we've had to replace, I now plan to order one to have on hand for possible future use
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

as noted, I just ordered the replacement awnings from Tough Top Awnings.... I found the person I spoke with to be very knowledgeable and to be a pleasure to work with .... as can be seen below, our camper's bedroom slide awning is well on its way to failure .... with a 600 mile tow on tap for next week, they have committed to getting the awning fabric to us by Monday .... now I just have to figure out how to get them installed
                    Last edited by JEBar; 11-16-2017, 04:09 AM.
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

as noted, I just ordered the replacement awnings.... now I just have to figure out how to get them installed
                      Isn't that why we all had kids?

Clayton & Gayle

Comment

.... now I just have to figure out how to get them installed
                        I'm good on ladders! Let me know when you want to do this. I'm kinda slammed time-wise, but we may be able to work it out.
                        2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
                        2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment

Originally posted by FoxFanRay View Post

I'm good on ladders! Let me know when you want to do this. I'm kinda slammed time-wise, but we may be able to work it out.
                          Film at 11
                          Frank and Janet Henn
                          Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
                          2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
                          out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

Originally posted by CWGilley View Post
                            Isn't that why we all had kids?
                            yep .... the good news is, both of our boys work ..... the bad news is, unfortunately, with the time change they both get home well after dark

you and your ladder are most welcome to come .... Mike and I plan to work on it early in the week after Thanksgiving .... much depends on the weather
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I'm sorry but this reminds me of "Here, hold my beer and watch THIS".

Clayton & Gayle

Comment

could be .... could most certainly be
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X