2018 winter trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JEBar View Post

I called Malwarebytes and asked if there was any issue with running their program and Windows Defender at the same time .... their rep said their program was specifically designed to do just that .... no issues whatsoever .... consequently, that is the route we have decided to go
    Malwarebytes has a long history of being a good program. Years ago when I ran Windows, I used Malwarebytes and was quite happy. It DOES NOT install deeply into the system, so it plays nice with lots of other anti-virus stuff out there. Good luck.
    2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
    2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment

• good to hear .... so far, so good
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• I too am running Windows Defender with MBAM (paid version) and have yet to have a problem. It's a lightweight little application that does it's job well.
        Clayton & Gayle
        2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
        2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
        Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

• all new propane connections leak tested, two fittings had to be tightened .... all's good .... the frame for the Porta-deck has been removed and will be placed back in its customary storage area in our truck .... I now believe that, when we are not taking the Yeti, we will transport the steps, their railing bars, and the floor plates on the carrier .... doing so will make access to the steps easier and quicker .... next, try to figure out the issue with the rear levelers
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• pretrip prep continues .... I'm most relieved that it appears the major issue I've been the concerned about has been corrected .... that being the auto leveling system is working .... we still have 2 outings prior to pulling out for Texas for us to test it and everything else .... happily, the problem didn't turn out to be electrical, it was hydraulic .... a somewhat messy but easy fluid replacement and sealing an opening in the pump cover appear to have taken care of the problem .... in addition, an underbelly panel that was installed two or three years ago had to be retaped .... hopefully, Gorilla brand Duct Tap will hold .... if not, Eternabond will be next .... slide rails have been lubed .... all-in-all, its been a good morning ..
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• two days from now our weather is forecasted to begin a major down turn .... they are calling for 70 and beautiful tomorrow .... subfreezing temps with rain and/or snow by Friday .... naturally we are scheduled to camp with our club this weekend .... I spent more time today figuring out the best way to secure our Porta-steps to the carrier on the back of our camper .... it took a while but I've finally come up with a way that looks like it will work .... three months ago we had a major hail storm, this morning they started working inside our home to repair stains from ceiling leaks and to install a vent fan in the master bath because of the dust and fumes, we've moved into our camper in the back yard .... we will probably sleep here through Wednesday night .... tomorrow afternoon we hope to replace the bedroom and kitchen slide covers .... once that is taken care of, we should be well on our way being ready to head to Texas after New Years ....
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Come on down.... 78 today but rain and 40"s tonite. You know how Texas weather works.....
                Clif and Millie
                Mabank, TX (sorta)
                2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC
                2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler

Comment

• we sure do and I'd head out in the morning but that ain't in the cards
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• We are getting ready for a blast of cold mornings here. I may have to drain my low points and put a heater out there.
                    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                    06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                    16K DrawTite, LineX
                    His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                    Elle and BJ

In the past:
                    97 27RKFS SB
                    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

• work continues in the house, we are most happy to be out of there and in the camper .... I have no clue what type of paint they are using but the fumes burn the eyes, no way we would want to be around them for very long .... as noted in another thread, the biggest pretrip accomplishment of the day has been, with the help of Mike (eldermike), to replace the camper's kitchen and bedroom slide awnings .... we still plan to camp with our club this weekend, they are calling for a "winter mix" on Friday .... sure hope that changes for the better
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• the work inside our home has been completed but due to the residual fumes from painting and ceiling work remaining at an unpleasant level, we are spending another day in our camper .... happily, things with the camper are going well .... overnight rain and a period of sleet today have once again highlighted the importance of having a camper with a comfortable place to sit and to be equipped so that people can enjoy being in them for an extended period .... we hope to get back into the house tomorrow and still plan to pullout day after tomorrow to camp with our club ....
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• our last 4 day test outing prior to heading for Texas began with a few very uneasy moments .... when I pushed the button on the remote to retract the rear levelers, just like when we were getting ready to travel to Western NC for Thanksgiving, nothing happened .... nothing, stone cold silence .... the temp was in the low 40's and it was raining .... the prospect of having to literally get down into the mud so as to take a screwdriver and bypass a solenoid wasn't pleasant .... I placed a call to the fellow I've come to depend on at Quadra Manufacturing (Bigfoot) and was beyond delighted when he answered the phone .... told him what was going on and he told me how to push a couple of buttons that allowed me to override the rear sensors so as to raise the rear levelers .... who knew ? .... I sure didn't ... it worked like a charm .... he then gave me a phone number and told me to order 2 sensors .... did what he said without any hesitation, they should be here Tuesday .... another one of those pretrip upgrades that I'm delighted we didn't have to worry with while away from home
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                          X