No announcement yet.

2018 Summer Trip West

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct would be great .... do you want any steaks this year ?
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

One great part of this year's trip is that our sons and their families will be in SD while we are there. We can show the older grandkids the neat things that are in the Estelline area and have time to spoil Easton and them a bit more!
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

all 4 of our camper's brake drums, Nev-R-Lube bearings, Nev-R-Adjust brakes and leaf springs have been replaced .... our plan to give them a test run this weekend have been scraped due to tropical rains moving through .... I'm rather uneasy about not testing them before heading west and do hope something can be worked out .... shown below 1,274 freshly loaded 44 Mag rounds that we hope to fire at various stops on our trip out west
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

we are scheduled to pull out and head west 2 weeks from today ..... installing a replacement protective fender on the camper remains the only big item I know of, we hope to get that taken care of today ..... later this week I hope the weather will settle down and I can spend some serious time repacking the camper's basement .... relocating the parts of our portable deck from the camper's carrier and resecuring our cooler on the carrier .... things have pretty much settled into the normal pre-trip grind
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

yet another Good News -- Bad News day .... the good news is, the replacement fender (first two pictures) is installed .... our oldest son took care of it for us and he did a really good job .... prior to pulling out of South Dakota I hope to be able to touch up the paint .... the bad news is the living area slide stopped working at the position shown in the third picture .... no sound of a gear or other such failure .... it's apparently an electrical issue .... fuses are fine so it must be a problem with the switch, slide motor, or something in between ..... I guess the good news in the failure is it happened here and now while we are on the road .... the best tech at the dealership where I used to work will come over and repair/replace as needed .... unfortunately he can't get here until the Sunday before we are due to pull out on Tuesday .... that's cutting it awfully close
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Now that you have Murphy cornered keep him there..... GRIN.... Hope it's nothing major..
              Clif and Millie
              Mabank, TX (sorta)
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

it seems like He's always hanging around somewhere close by .... I've been thinking about it and with the fact that when I push the button there isn't any sound whatsoever, I'm pretty sure the problem is electrical .... I'm going to call Barker and get another spare on the way .... we installed it at least 6 years ago .... the kitchen slide one is older than that so it'll most likely go next
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

replacement (which I hope will become a spare) slide motor/gearbox ordered, should be here as early as Friday .... Mike (elder mike) from this forum is going to try and come by this weekend to test the slide switch .... if that's the case, we've found a replacement at etrailer that should work .... hopefully that's the problem .... it would sure be the cheapest fix .... its been too hot to spend as much time working on the camper and truck as I'd like .... I have a theory as to how to secure all of the parts of our Port-a-deck in/on the bed of our truck .... I've tried several patterns and have one that should work but I'm not completely sold on it .... as I've been sitting here I believe I have come up with a slight change that might really help
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Good choice on the angle brackets. I use those in my work trailer to hang my dollies on. The only problem I have had with them is the "weld for the brace does not hold. If he didn't weld it in there I don't think they will make SD
                    My & Shirley
                    2011 CL36XTRMS
                    2015 SIERRA 3500 DENALI HD

Comment

agree .... so, I welded both ends of the braces .... hadn't fired up my Lincoln buzz box in several years, was delighted to see it still works .... my welds ain't all that pretty but they hold .... a little grinding and a couple of coats of paint usually helps the looks .... we reused the top two brackets that you made, doing so sure made getting the fender lined up much easier .... I need to add a couple of the welded brades to the other side to replace ones over there that are bent .... hope to get that done next week .... I bought a bunch so some spares will be on board ..
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

if the burnt wire shown below isn't the problem, it just should be .... unsure if the switch has been compromised
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I tried but quickly figured out I was lost .... thankfully, Mike (elder mike) has located replacement (OEM level) switches which he plans to bring with him when he gets here on Saturday .... since our camper has 3 of those switches, I'm happy to have a spare .... my hope is, the burned wire is the only problem .... if so, we'll have a couple of spare switches and a spare motor/gearbox ....
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

My trailer uses what appears to be same switch for the landing gear and rear stabilizers. I had the one on the landing gear go bad. Raised rear jacks changed switches back to front to get front gear up. Now carry 2 extra switches with me.
                            Ron Norton
                            Katy, TX
                            2016 Grand Design Reflection 317
                            2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                              I tried but quickly figured out I was lost .... thankfully, Mike (elder mike) has located replacement (OEM level) switches which he plans to bring with him when he gets here on Saturday .... since our camper has 3 of those switches, I'm happy to have a spare .... my hope is, the burned wire is the only problem .... if so, we'll have a couple of spare switches and a spare motor/gearbox ....
                              If the wire looks like that think what the inside of the switch looks like.... Any questions???
                              Clif and Millie
                              Mabank, TX (sorta)
                              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
                              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
                                If the wire looks like that think what the inside of the switch looks like.... Any questions???
                                that's why we have switches on order .... the male prong on the switch shows no sign of over heating .... neither does the female plug on the end of the black wire .... the only burnt spot is shown in the pictures .... after fixing the wire, we will give the OEM switch a try .... if it works fine, if not we'll install one of the replacements
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X