No announcement yet.

2019 Texas Trip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's called incandescent vs whatever. I use a 60w in the basement and a small electric heater in the rv. Open all the pantry/bathroom/lavatory doors. Open low point drains and drain WH. I'm done.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

• that's what we have found
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Even though I have a small electric heater going in the cabin to keep the temps above 50F and a 75W in the basement, water lines run under the 5ver and we don't have one of those "4 seasons" campers as there is no plastic stuff covering much of the underside. I like to keep water out of the lines and the faucets remain open. BTW: Another crappy day in the garden of Eden. Not as cold as yesterday but with the misty rain, makes it chilling.
        wiredgeorge Mico TX
        1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

• Originally posted by JEBar View Post
          yesterday's repair to the driver's side running light is holding .... can't help but wonder what gremlin will pop up next
          well now I know .... went out to get into the truck last night so as to drive over a meet George (wiredgeorge) .... truck wouldn't crank .... turned the key, it would go through its prestart protocols, turned key to crank position and nothing .... no sound whatsoever .... as things stand right now, Goodsam has been contacted and will tow the truck over to a place in highly recommended place in Boerne .... no clue what's wrong with the truck .... do plan to rent a vehicle to drive while its in the shop
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Originally posted by JEBar View Post

well now I know .... went out to get into the truck last night so as to drive over a meet George (wiredgeorge) .... truck wouldn't crank .... turned the key, it would go through its prestart protocols, turned key to crank position and nothing .... no sound whatsoever .... as things stand right now, Goodsam has been contacted and will tow the truck over to a place in highly recommended place in Boerne .... no clue what's wrong with the truck .... do plan to rent a vehicle to drive while its in the shop
            UGH ... do hope it's something simple.
            Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
            2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
            sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
            Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

• understood on simple .... my hope is it stays broken because it resulted from a bad part that can be easily detected and replaced ..... for me worst case would be to get there, turn the key and have it crank ..... the way it acts, I believe the best case is a bad starter relay (that's based on the guess that it has a starter relay) .... hopefully worst case is a bad starter .... my plan is to ride in the wrecker over to the shop in Boerne .... if is proves to be something simple like a relay and they can replace it quickly, I'll drive it back ... if not, I'll rent a car
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• you know the old saying : if it can go wrong, it will go wrong ..!.. well, its true around here right now .... the wrecker was supposed to be here at 9AM .... got a call saying it was running behind, should be here around 10AM ..... shortly after 10 got another call, at orders from the Highway Patrol their wrecker had to be diverted to help clear a wreck on I-10 .... should get to us in around 3 hrs .... thankfully the shop where we plan to have the repairs made continues to work with these changes .... did some records checking and found out that the batteries in the truck have been there since Oct 2012 .... that could easily be the problem .... in fact, my hope is that is the case
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• My batteries were 2012 in my Ram pickup and same thing happened to me last year. 9PM on a Saturday night, needing to get back to campground to leave next morning. Lucky my brother-in-law new the local distributor for Interstate batteries. I pulled old batteries, my sister drove to town and bought 2 new batteries. Installed and back on the road by 10:30. Hope you come out as easy.
                  Ron Norton
                  Katy, TX
                  2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP
                  2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Comment

• as noted above, today has been one of twist and turns .... the tow truck finally arrived .... I couldn't help but smile because just, like our truck, it turned out to be on a Freightliner M2 Chassis .... the driver proved to be very good at his job .... hooking up to our truck included removing its driver shaft and running a air line from his truck to the air tank on our truck .... he parked our truck at the repair shop at 5:15pm .... the shop closes at 5:30 .... they will check it out in the morning and give us a call when they know what is causing the problem
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• They let that nasty thing in the shop?
                      Clif and Millie
                      Mabank, TX (sorta)
                      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
                      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                      2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

• Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
                        They let that nasty thing in the shop?
                        Ouch... if it won't run, how do you expect a body to get it to the car wash???
                        wiredgeorge Mico TX
                        1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

• Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
                          They let that nasty thing in the shop?
                          its actually parked in a breezeway between the shop and the office ....
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• That thing looks like a couple of pics I saw of Russel's truck during their Alaska trip...

2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                            sigpic

Comment

• it seems a bit odd to not have our truck parked near our camper .... its even odder to see an Impala out there in its place .... when the Lady at Enterprise showed it to me, I only had two questions .... first, I needed to know how hard it would be for me to get in and out of .... secondly, with it being shiny black and knowing the condition of the roads in our campground, did I have to return it clean .... as to getting in and out, it proved to be much like Maureen's Camaro which is doable .... when she said they were responsible for cleaning it, I said black would be fine .... driving an Impala was a new experience .... it handles well .... no stress at all taking the sharp turns common to the Texas Hill Country roads in this area .... comfort of the bucket driver's seat is OK .... don't know what size motor it has but it is responsive and quiet .... biggest negative, is road noise that is at a level, I wouldn't be happy with it
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• No word yet on the truck?

2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X