Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wingnut60
    • 10-06-2007

You oughtta be in N TX--30 right now, 18 wind chill....
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

• JEBar
      Administrator
      • 10-06-2007

NO THANKS .... shortly after Christmas y'all need to get all of that mess out of there
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• wingnut60
        • 10-06-2007

If you believe in fortune-telling.....

Weather.com brings you the most accurate monthly weather forecast for Conroe, TX with average/record and high/low temperatures, precipitation and more.
        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
        Livin to go campin

Comment

• JEBar
          Administrator
          • 10-06-2007

your link shows the same average temp of days in the low 60's and nights in the low to mid 40's ....in years past we have seen periods of ice/snow or temps in the upper 70's to low 80's .... no clue how it will be this year
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• wingnut60
            • 10-06-2007

Don't believe anyone has a clue...
            '10 F450 4x4--new to me
            Livin to go campin

Comment

• wiredgeorge
              Good lookin', dumb/poor!
              • 03-06-2017

My pet weather rock will know for sure on the day of the weather! Got the plants in the house, the light on in the pump shed and the heat tape warming my stand pipe on the water tank. Disconnected and drained the line where water goes up to my RV. Supposed to moderate slightly and get us up over freezing at night come tomorrow through the of the week so my missus plants can come out of the house.
              wiredgeorge Mico TX
              2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
              2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

• JEBar
                Administrator
                • 10-06-2007

snow in Houston was reported on our local news .... we've been down there when it has snowed .... talk about a mess to try and get around ..
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• avvidclif
                  • 02-24-2014

Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
                  My pet weather rock will know for sure on the day of the weather! Got the plants in the house, the light on in the pump shed and the heat tape warming my stand pipe on the water tank. Disconnected and drained the line where water goes up to my RV. Supposed to moderate slightly and get us up over freezing at night come tomorrow through the of the week so my missus plants can come out of the house.
                  You got something against living in a jungle?
                  Clif and Millie
                  Mabank, TX (sorta)
                  2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually GONE
                  2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler GONE

Comment

• JEBar
                    Administrator
                    • 10-06-2007

only a little over 6 weeks until we are scheduled to pull out for Texas .... most of this week (Thanksgiving) was slated to be our last reasonably long test tow .... with the delays in replacing the camper's roof, no such trip will be taken .... because they are calling for some subfreezing temps while we will be gone, we have hooked our camper up to a large propane tank and test run the heater .... she fired right up so that went well .... tomorrow morning we plan to install insulation pillows in all 3 roof vents .... we have one more short tow scheduled for early December, hopefully that one will go off as planned .... after we get home from Thanksgiving, I plan to get serious about finishing water proofing the top of our living area slide ....
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• JEBar
                      Administrator
                      • 10-06-2007

if all goes well, we are due to pull out 41 days from today .... with Thanksgiving over, the trip has become very real .... all reservations for our January drive from home to Texas have now been made along with all but one night on our way back home in April ... projected trip itinerary in Post 1 has been updated .... rain has once again delayed the completion of our camper's new roof install has been delayed but shouldn't present a problem
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• JEBar
                        Administrator
                        • 10-06-2007

really nice day in the neighborhood but a rainy spell is on the way .... fired up my portable air compressor ( AKA our Freightliner Sportchassis ) and used it to bring the air pressure in our truck and camper tires up to 100 psi .... with the temp being 58 degrees, the pressure should serve us well while we are in Texas .... also aired up our daughter's camper tires to 85 psi .... to take care of another small issue, I removed the small compartment that holds our Pressure Pro Tire Monitor and rerouted some wires so as to remove them from view .... Maureen booked the pressure washer service we use to come and wash the truck and camper .... both are in serious need of it ....
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• JEBar
                          Administrator
                          • 10-06-2007

as usual, the firmer our plans become, the faster they change .... our plan was to be camped right now on our club's last outing of 2018 .... predictions for an ice storm to move through Saturday and Sunday .... so, our camper has been unloaded and the slides are in .... with the weather forecast for a week from today we have booked a pressure washing service to come and take care of cleaning our camper and truck .... when I say they both need it, that is a pretty large understatement .... once she's cleaned, with the exception of loading clothing, food, etc ) we are pretty much ready to head to Texas
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• JEBar
                            Administrator
                            • 10-06-2007

time's winding down .... if all goes well, 3 weeks from right now we should be on the road headed south .... as usual, our absolute and final plans have to be changed .... a couple of weeks ago we scheduled an appoint for a company to send a couple of guys to wash our camper and truck, once that is taken care of and the weather permits, we will get serious about packing and final trip preparations .... it started raining before daylight and is supposed to continue until sometime late tomorrow .... flash flood warnings have been issued ....the appointment has been rescheduled for Monday .... our only remaining outing planned before we leave on Jan 4th is still a 3 or 4 mile tow to one of our son's home where the family will spend Christmas ... no doubt the time will pass quickly
                            Last edited by JEBar; 12-14-2018, 04:08 PM.
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• JEBar
                              Administrator
                              • 10-06-2007

the calm before the storm .... guess that pretty well sums up where we are in getting ready for both Christmas and our trip to Texas .... things like getting our camper and truck power washed, having our Chevy pickup safety inspected and renewing its tag, having the Sportchassis serviced, flushing the tankless water heater, and on, and on, and on have to be done .... folks here know well that there is more to getting ready for a trip than just packing the camper .... for us, it all starts tomorrow and for a change, the weather is favorable .... in fact, the current forecast for between now and when we pull out on Jan 4th ain't bad at all ....
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

• JEBar
                                Administrator
                                • 10-06-2007

after power washing, they shine .... sure glad to get that over with .... the next thing on our pre-trip check list comes Thursday morning, when we take the truck in to have it serviced .... hated to see an unexpected complication pop up today .... during an early afternoon outing with friends from the Henry forum to a local private range, our Henry 44 Mag's outer loading tube failed .... the good news, the exceptional service after the sale that is a hallmark of Henry will have it repaired and back to us before we are due to head to Texas on Jan 4th .... one of the I look forward to during our trips to Texas is going to various ranges with folks from this and the Henry forum .... our 44 is one of our favorites for such outings
                                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '24 Chevy Blazer RS

Comment

Working...
                                X