No announcement yet.

2019 Summer Trip West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you are having a ball! Saw some rain from a couple days ago... we just got POUNDED with several inches over night and this morning. We have power now but it went out a few times so I have the genny running at the house and won't shut it off till I am sure things stabilize power-wise.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

your area certainly didn't need another spell of such heavy rain .... I'd bet Medina has to be close to coming out the overflow
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

looks like its going to be an interesting week .... as noted, yesterday's fishing trip went well .... so good that a family fish fry slated for Thursday night .... the yearly town Rodeo will be held this coming weekend .... in what's become a family tradition, we plan to have 25 or so members of Maureen's family over for a breakfast after the Rodeo ends around midnight Friday ....
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

just got around to working up the numbers on our last day's drive from Waterloo, IA to Estelline, SD .... the drive covered 401.6 miles, that's about a hundred miles further than our preferred 300 mile day .... covering that distance took us 6 hrs 42 min .... that's not a problem with us having 2 months to recover before we head back home .. .. as a side note, our drive from home to Estelline covered 1,728.3 miles
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

another beautiful day in the neighborhood .... unfortunately, it looks like rain will be moving in on Thursday .... this morning we drove to Runnings in Brookings .... it is one of my favorite stores in this part of the country .... they have a well stocked hunting and fishing department ..... while there I picked up a rod tip replacement kit to fix a rod for my brother-in-law ..... I also picked up a couple of spools of fishing line .... when we got back to the camper I spent a few hours outside replacing the line on the two rods I keep in the camper, replacing the rod tip, and reworking my walleye tackle box .... must admit that yesterday's fishing trip left me really looking forward to the text
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Well, yea, when you catch that many fish you always want to go right back and do it again. At least I do. Made me smile to see a successful fishing day.
              David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
              2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
              Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
              5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
              Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
              Externabond Roof Seams
              Wet Bolt Kit
              7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
              GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
              Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

Comment

each year Estelline host the largest rodeo in the circuit that covers this part of the country .... with top prize money in all events, it draws top competitors .... as with any small town, staging such an event takes a commitment of time and effort from a significant portion of the population .... Maureen's family is very active so they will be tied up with rodeo until the middle of next week .... after then, fishing will hopefully resume
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

the morning got off to a cool, wet start but after lunch the sky cleared and we had a beautiful afternoon .... the event of the day was a family fish fry .... hush puppies and breaded walleye shown below .... 80% chance of rain tomorrow which cam most certainly be a downer for the first night of this year's rodeo
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

8:20AM and we already put in a pretty long day .... in order to get our daughter 75 miles south of where we are camped for a 5AM check in at Sioux Falls Airport we had to be on the road at 3:45 AM .... 150 miles later we are now back at our camper, her flight has landed in Atlanta and I'm on my first cup of coffee .... forecasted high today of 76 with only a 20% chance of rain
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

our daughter's flight is on the ground at RDU .... we can now settle in and get busy relaxing ..
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

beautiful, absolutely beautiful, morning where we are camped in east central South Dakota .... clear blue sky, 66 degrees on its way to a predicted high of 78, 0% chance of rain .... homemade biscuits with sausage gravy and scrambled eggs on the stove .... great way to start the day ..... haven't discussed what we want to do today, nothing pressing on the agenda and do have plenty of time to do it
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

today's weather has been so nice that we hate to see it winding down ,,,, for us its been one of taking care of some housekeeping and other minor projects while working in periods of relaxation between them .... housekeeping includes recharging a water softener tank, dumping/cleaning a black tank, and changing the central vac bag outside the camper .... laundry, floor cleaning, and baking cookies inside the camper ..... under the heading of other minor projects, I removed several hundred yards of old fishing line from a reel and installing new replacement line .... with all of that, its easy to understand why we needed to work in periods of relaxation ,,
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

today a clear blue sky was the order of the day
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

the first order of every day is having "coffee and cookies" ready for members of Maureen's family who check in at mid morning and mid afternoon .... today the second order of the day was a 40 mile round trip to Walmart in Brookings for groceries and meds ..... as can be seen in this thread , we were delighted to find fresh collards on sale .... first time we've ever found them in this part of the country .... the entertainment for the evening was a T-ball game at the diamond near our site .... we really enjoy watching those little boys and girls playing ball .... the forecast for tonight includes thunderstorms but according to the weather radar there isn't a cloud anywhere in the sky over South Dakota ....
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

it was a dark and stormy night in east central South Dakota .... shortly after midnight a strong thunderstorm rolled in and hammered away until well after sunup .... a watch remains in effect until 1PM .... on the plus side, very little wind .... haven't been out and about to see if any trees were hit by lightening .... if not, that would be a miracle for sure
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by JEBar; 06-27-2019, 03:01 PM.
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X