No announcement yet.

2019 Summer Trip West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again" Sorry Willie can't sing.....
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

• breakfast over, town fire alarm wailing, foggy, 63 degrees .... about 15 minutes from going out to unhooking utilities and hooking up the truck
      Attached Files
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Safe trip!
        Ron Norton
        Katy, TX
        2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP
        2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Comment

• They certainly do have some changingling weather. Safe trip home.
          David & Bonnie (2 new kitties, one male, one female)
          2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
          Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
          5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
          Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
          Externabond Roof Seams
          Wet Bolt Kit
          7K Nev-R-Adjust Brakes

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
          GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
          Thanks to BC Jim for all his help

Comment

• before leaving South Dakota this morning we put 1,253.7 miles on our truck since arriving there on June 13th .... today's drive took us 8 hrs 8 min which we covered 492.8 miles .... for us, that's a very long day .... right now we are setup at the KC East / Oak Grove KOA .... pictures and comments will be posted in another thread .... as anticipated, the heat and humidity here is sure is different than that in Estelline ....
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Day 1 safely in the log. Keep trucking, safely.
              Clif and Millie
              Mabank, TX (sorta)
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

• our next move won't be until Friday when we are due to move to St Louis .... tomorrow and Thursday will be spent at the Lake City Range.... shooting with friends from the Henry Rifle Forum ... Wednesday will be spent shooting trap and handguns .... Thursday will be spent firing long guns .... Wednesday and Thursday nights we have been promised to eat at two of KC's top BBQ restaurants .... I've been look forward to this for a good while ....
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• good days, two really good days .... both days I met fellows from the Henry Firearms Forum Lake City Range at noon (pictures 1 & 2) .... yesterday we shot Trap (picture 3) and then moved to their Pistol Range (picture 4) .... all were revolvers, the most unique was an Uberti .45LC Russian....Uberti 1873 Cattleman II New Model, .357 Mag and a 45 Long Colt .... an old S&W 32, a small 38 S&W and several others .... it was interesting to see my first single shot Henry 20 ga .... really a nice looking, solidly built shotgun .... Tuesday night we at at Jack Stack BBQ (picture 6) in Lee's Summit .... a really good restaurant that we can strongly recommend .... I ordered a combo plate of Pork ===> baby back ribs, burnt ends and shredded (picture 7) .... I'd never heard of burnt pork ends, every thing was excellent ....today's shooting was dedicated to rifle shooting .... really good collection of rifles available .... 357 (lever and single shot), 44 Mag, 45-70, 300 WBY Mag, 223, 308 and I'm sure I've left out some .... to say that I'm really impressed with that Long Ranger would be a major understatement .... the guys all shot well shoot .... hot and humid during the two hours we spent shooting .... didn't realize how much it took out of me until I got back to the camper, took a shower and sat down ... side note, I was impressed by Evan's mule (shown below) .... I'm going to have to get serious about finding one .... tonight we went out to eat at Islamorada Fish Company at the KC Bass Pro .... tonight I ordered french fries, covered with pulled pork BBQ, cheese, KC BBQ Sauce and spring onions (picture 8) ---- yep, I'd order it again .. .... tomorrow we are scheduled to move east to St Louis
                  Attached Files
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Is that ketchup all over that meat? And the bottom picture? What is the white stuff? In Texas, we are not keen on white stuff on our food. This is a picture of the pit at Cooper's BBQ in LLano; perhaps the best in the world!

wiredgeorge Mico TX
                    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

• thunder rumbled most of last night .... the weather for our drive east to St Louis looks good .... 90+ degree heat on tap for the weekend ....
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
                        Is that ketchup all over that meat? And the bottom picture? What is the white stuff? In Texas, we are not keen on white stuff on our food. This is a picture of the pit at Cooper's BBQ in LLano; perhaps the best in the world!
                        X 2 on Coopers
                        DZWISS
                        Ford 2011 F350 6.7 PSD, Titan 50 Gal. fuel tank
                        2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27 FB
                        Cavco Park Model in AZ

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for." Will Rogers

Comment

• Originally posted by wiredgeorge View Post
                          Is that ketchup all over that meat? And the bottom picture? What is the white stuff? In Texas, we are not keen on white stuff on our food. This is a picture of the pit at Cooper's BBQ in LLano; perhaps the best in the world!
                          the white stuff is melted cheese .... no ketchup, its a KC style BBQ sauce, unsure what brand .... it was served in a sizzling hot cast iron pan .... I normally don't order dishes like it but the picture in the menu caught my attention .... glad I did

Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• hated to do so but this morning we had to leave Oak Grove (KC) and drive to Eureka (St Louis) .... 241.9 miles / 4 hr 5 min .... while in KC we put 130.9 miles on our truck .... shortly after we arrived at the St Louis West / Route 66 KOA a friend came by and we delivered $600 worth of prime South Dakota Ribeyes .... he works at the local Boeing plant where they make fighter aircraft and does heating / AC on the side .... as such he got up on top of our camper and cleaned / serviced both AC's .... plans for tomorrow and Sunday are centered on trap shooting at Jay Henges State Shooting Park ....
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• morning rain has moved on but climbing temp and humidity remain behind .... both roof AC's working well .... highlight of the day will be linking up with Shirley and My (myvann) .... we are really looking forward to seeing them again ....
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                              X