• Show
Clear All

• avvidclif
    replied
    You gotta watch that global warming....

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    our last scheduled outing prior to pulling out for South Dakota 20 days from now on June 8th went pretty well .... we use these club campouts to test camper and truck systems .... this time 2 issues developed .... first a 2" aluminum weld on our Porta-Steps broke .... see last picture in this thread.... second, the cap (one can be seen in this link) on the electronic stove igniter we installed back in March of 2014 (see this thread) cracked .... a replacement is on the way .... by the way, they are under a freeze warning for tonight, sure hope all of that type of foolishness has departed the area well before we get out there ..

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    one month from tomorrow we are scheduled to arrive in Estelline .... we've reached the point were we have taken care of all known issues with our camper and truck .... as usual at this point, paranoia is now setting in .... our thoughts are drifting into the what should we replace that's working right now but might cause trouble on the trip territory .... we are still a couple of weeks from repacking the camper's basement to remove winter/Texas items and replace them with summer/Estelline items ....

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    well, we are continue see reports that I-29 will be closed for a good while longer .... being one who prefers to finalize out trip plans for as far in advance as is possible (example, out reservations needed to spend 3 weeks in October were made over a month ago), we have changed our route to south Dakota .... out itinerary shown in post 1 in this thread has been edited accordingly .... the first time we made this drive to Maureen's hometown was in 1977 .... since then we have driven it over 40 times and have flown out there once .... over the years, making sure that almost all of the way is over interstate highways, we've driven it about every possible way .... oddly enough, no matter which way you go, its something over 1,500 miles drive .... per Google Maps, the route shown in post 1 is 1,555 miles which is a bit shorter than the 1,598 miles going the way we usually go
    Last edited by JEBar; 05-04-2019, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    the campgrounds in that area we have spoken with all tell us that it will take months for them to fully reopen I-29

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    One of the shipping carriers I use (think it is UPS) has warnings up about delays because of severe weather in Iowa. Right now there is a LOT of heavy stuff moving to the NW from Okie up through that area. Suspect that in a month or so you won't ever know about the current storms...

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    a new concern has surfaced .... we've just learned that flooding earlier this month has closed I-29 from KC to Omaha ..... in looking at the recommended detour, we may well have to change our entire projected route out there .... info related to this closing from folks living in and/or familiar with that area would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    not much .... within the last few weeks Paul Elio and some key board members had the latest prototype in Michigan where they met with the Governor .... they were looking at a recently closed GM plant but that's about the extent of the news .... they are somehow tied with the bitcoin thing that is trying to get off of the ground .... all they tell our guys is they are still working on funding

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    Not much news on the Elio front. Checked their website and they are no longer touring with their prototype cars nor has there been any news for any of 2019 near as I can see. Any insider news on this company's future?

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    we've made a significant change to our projected route, as shown in the opening post, back home :

August 14 ... to Trailside RV Park inGrain Valley, MO ---- http://trailsidervpark.com/---- reservation

August 16 .... to St Louis West KOA in Eureka, MO ---- http://koa.com/campgrounds/st-louis-west/.... reservation

some friends on the Henry Owner's Forum have scheduled a gathering that we want to attend .... the plans aren't completed but on August 15th they plan to go to a Missouri State Shooting Park .... we hope to spend some time on both a rifle/pistol range and a trap range .... in addition on August 17 & 18 a different group from the Henry and Elio forums are going to meet and shoot at Jay Henges shooting park near St Louis .... any folks from this forum who may be interested would be most welcome .... if so, let me know and I'll make sure you get all info updates as them become available

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    part of camping with our club is testing our rigs systems prior to pulling out for a long trip .... this weekend we are camped at Raleigh Oaks .... the only issue so far has been a somewhat mysterious broken light globe .... thankfully, no issues related to a storm front that move through Friday night .... one, possibly two, more such outings prior to pulling out for South Dakota on June 8th

190426 001 club camp 001.jpg

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    the Estelline area simply doesn't seem to be able to shake off winter and move to spring .... the forecast out there for tomorrow is "Snowfall around one inch." .... with warming temps also in the forecast, hopefully the transition is really underway

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    I'm dong mine today also!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    April 23rd .... as reported several times, after January's rain and muddy campground roads at the campgrounds we visited in Texas, our camper and truck were dirtier than I've ever seen them (first picture) .... by having the owner of Harte Power washing come by today (pictures 2 - 8) we checked off another pre-trip item ,,,, the pictures really don't do justice to how nice and shiny our rig looks right now .... the reality is with rain and use she won't be as shiny when we pull out for South Dakota but its highly likely they'll still be much cleaner than they were earlier this morning
    Last edited by JEBar; 04-24-2019, 12:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    April 17th .... another pre-trip item checked off .... replacement of our Sportchassis Head Light Fixtures

Leave a comment:

Working...
X