Planning visit to Yosemite NP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning visit to Yosemite NP

The DW and I are planning a summer trip to Yosemite. There are plenty of listing attractions. I'm mainly interested in scenic views and hikes under a round trip of two miles. Having never been there, I'm assuming three full days ought to be enough to enjoy the park.

We're not taking the trailer and will stay in Mariposa. Any suggestions on adjusting the planned length of stay and/or a guide service is appreciated. How early should I get to Yosemite Valley to have a chance of finding a parking space?

Suggesting other nearby scenic attractions is also appreciated. My first thought is to spend two full days seeing Sequoia Ntl. Prk. but I'm at a loss on how much time to budget there or elsewhere.

Thanks ahead of time for sharing your thoughts. I'm planning the trip to last a week.
    Jay

2002 MS 2750
    2500HD Silverado 6.0L gas
    Love the Tetons!

looking forward to lots of comments and pictures .... we've not visited Yosemite NP
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

As early as you can, prefer before 9. The park webpage has a lot of good information. We rented bikes for a few hours and rode to the waterfall along the main road. The Mist Trail is a nice hike, even beyond where the east part ends.

Comment

Working...
      X