Michigan UP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan UP

We are about two weeks out from our summer retreat for cooler weather. We have booked several campgrounds in the Michigan UP.

I read last night that the nut job governor Whitmer has extended the "LOCK DOWN" until sometime in June. For the life of me I can't understand why the nice people in Michigan don't protest and continue as they please, and use precautions if they feel like needed.

One thing for sure, after the November elections, the Covid-19 will disappear.
    Last edited by archbarb; 05-23-2020, 04:47 PM.
    Archie & Barbara Prince
    SE Georgia (Home)/Middle Tennessee (Home away from Home)
    2007 GMC 2500HD CC L/B LBZ Duramax/Allison Transmission
    2011 Big Country (Heartland) 3250TS
    Curt Q5 20K Hitch
    Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
    Rieco-Titan Ground Control
    TST TPTMS
    Progressive EMS-HW50C

I think there are quite a few folks in Michigan who are protesting from what I have heard on the news. Her current term as Governor is up at the end of the year so we will likely better understand if the citizens of Michigan favor her policies then.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD CC
    2002 Cougar 278 EFS

Comment

I live in Michigan and I think Governor Whitmer is doing a great job addressing the needs of the people in this state during multiple national emergencies . She pulls together the best minds in the state from our big ten universities, scientists, biologists, and various state and local government. She is calmly and thoughtfully handling dealing with 55,000 cases of the COVID-19 virus and now Private dam breaks that Took out two lake towns and damage to a chemical plant city. In addition trying to figure out how to safely get our kids back to school and dealing with unemployment due to the shutdown and major hit to the state budget. She is intelligent and respectfully answers every question. She is a keeper!

So maybe this isn’t the best time for you to visit our great state. We would all like to freely camp and roam but until there are preparations set in place to address a ramp up of this dangerous virus we are carefully staying home to protect ourselves and our respected first responders and all medical workers.

2019 F350 CC 4x4 SB ARE CX Cap with lift door
      2005 Sunnybrook 33FKS
      2001 Sunnybrook 26FK-kept 10 yrs loved it
      Hensley Arrow

Comment

Why didn't she ask the PEOPLE how they wanted to handle it.
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
        2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
        X