2022 Trip To Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Trip To Texas

The following is our itinerary for our 2022 trip to Texas .... if/when changes are made it will be amemded

Jan 9 Leave Home

Jan 9 fuel stop ===> TA Columbia North, 99 Plumbers Rd Columbia, SC 29203

Jan 9 Heritage RV Park in Augusta, GA.... reserved on 10-14-21

Jan 10 fuel stop ===> TA Montgomery 980 West South Blvd. Montgomery AL

Jan 10 Sherling Lake Campground in Greenville, AL .... reserved site 41 on 10-14-21

Jan 11 fuel stop ===> TA 1682 Gause Blvd, Slidell, LA 70458

Jan 11 Baton Rouge KOA in Denham Springs, LA .... reserved site on 10-14-21

Jan 12 fuel stop ===> Petro Beaumont 5405 Walden Rd Beaumont TX

Jan 12 Majestic Pines RV Resorts in Willis, TX.... reserved on 10-14-21

Jan 17 Lake Conroe Thousand Trails in Willis, TX

Feb 7 Granbury RV Resort in Granbury .... reserved on 10-14-21

Feb 10 Majestic Pines RV Resorts in Willis, TX .... reserved on 10-14-21

Feb 14 Lake Conroe Thousand Trails in Willis, TX

March 7 Baton Rouge KOA in Denham Springs, LA .... reserved on 10-14-21

March 7 fuel stop === TA 1682 Gause Blvd, Slidell, LA 70458

March 8 Sherling Lake Campground in Greenville, AL .... reserved site 41 on 10-14-21

March 9 fuel stop === TA Montgomery 980 West South Blvd. Montgomery AL

March 9 Heritage RV Park in Augusta, GA .... reserved on 10-14-21

March 10 fuel stop === TA Columbia North, 99 Plumbers Rd Columbia, SC 29203

March 10 Home
    Last edited by JEBar; 10-15-2021, 02:48 PM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

above modified to show date of reservations for our non Thousand Trails Parks
    Jim
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

after considerable thought and conversation, we plan to shorten this winter's stay in Texas by 3 weeks .... not really thrilled at doing so but sometimes things simply don't work out at we hope they will .... as has been the case for the last few years the highlight of our trip and our strongest motivator for making the trip is visiting Maureen's last living Aunt .... she's 89, has outlived 2 husbands, survived a full blown case of Covid, and had a strong bout with COPD since we visited her last year .... we are also coming to terms with the fact that we aren't getting any younger .... who knows how much longer we will have the desire and/or the ability to haul our rig on 4,000 mile trips
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Sadly, it's life! We have already made the decision to not cross more than 2 state lines from our state unless it's a rare reason!
        2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
        2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
        B&W Turnover
        Andersen 3220 Ultimate
        Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
        97 27RKFS SB
        04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

yep, it sure is .... pending something happening that would prevent us from towing at all, I foresee us towing to South Dakota for longer than we do to Texas .... while the distances are basically the same, we have considerable family in SD and very, very little in Texas
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '16 Camaro RS

Comment

For the last four years we have made a trip to the Denver area to see our grandson and family and so enjoy having the great grandkids with us as much as possible. We would extend each yearly trip to other parts of the great west. i told my wife after we arrived home this year that this was my last year of pulling the Sunnybrook for this long trip. I find myself forgetting or making mistakes. 10 years ago, not so but now it is a fact. Part of the aging process I guess. I fully understand your position.We will settle for short runs.
            Last edited by RBT; 10-16-2021, 03:20 AM.

Comment

during the next few days we hope to get another item checked off of our pretrip checklist .... so far as I know, our camper is ready to go, sure hope that doesn't change .... an illusive electrical gremlin with our truck is proving to be hard to find .... shut her down for a couple of days and when you come back, both batteries will be discharged .... most recently, we cut her off last Friday after unhooking ans setting up cap .... went out to crank her Sunday morning and she was dead .... it took over 2 hours of charging to get her to crank with 40 amp battery start .... because we had a battery cutoff switch installed years ago, we can make it work .... the inconvenience of doing so is having to go back into the truck's settings and make adjustments like turning on the backup camera .... in addition, to get to the batteries you have to remove a panel on the side of the truck .... once that's done, the negative post to connect the battery charger is easy to get to but the positive is a challenge .... I hope it won't ever have to be used but one of the things they are to take care of is installing junction box in an easy to get to location where I can connect a battery charger .... as noted, once they find the electrical draw I'll never need to use the junction box but that's not normal for us .... they are really backed up at the garage and when put up against a truck hauling a load of perishables, ours doesn't demand a top priority .... hopefully we will get it back late this week or sometime next week .....
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

I dropped my rig off at Pro-Tec in N. Charleston to have the suspension checked out and bearings repacked, brakes checked out and checking on a center equalizer bracket that I found bent in a little I think I bumped a curb somewhere in out travels but don't remember it. Lots of roundabouts not large enough for Rv's!
                I went back thru my logs and figured we have pulled this rig 45k miles since new. Suspension inspection was 3 years ago but not many miles during the covid year.
                Last edited by norty; 11-17-2021, 05:53 PM.
                B&W Turnover
                Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                97 27RKFS SB
                04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

your Lariat has proven to be a solid truck .... I have no doubt you'll get many more good miles out of it
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '16 Camaro RS

Comment

we are scheduled to get to the Houston area on Jan 12th .... link to the current weather forecast for Jan 2021 ====> https://www.weathertab.com/en/d/2022...77040-houston/ .... after the "life threatening" cold we experienced last year we are relieved to see current forecast .... only surprise is the number of forecasted rainy days .... https://www.weathertab.com/en/c/2022...77040-houston/ ....
                    Last edited by JEBar; 11-17-2021, 04:26 PM.
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                      your Lariat has proven to be a solid truck .... I have no doubt you'll get many more good miles out of it
                      We traded the 06 back in August of 2020 for this one. The hill assist option is the best option and it also rides better. No regrets with the short bed either.
                      B&W Turnover
                      Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                      Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                      97 27RKFS SB
                      04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

does the hill assist prevent it from rolling back ?

Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Jim, I got it backwards. It is called Hill decent assist. Here is a description: Available Hill Descent Control is essentially a cruise control system that uses traction control technology with anti-lock brakes. This system continually adjusts braking pressure to help control slippage and maintain a constant preset speed while you are going down a steep grade.
                          Last edited by norty; 11-18-2021, 01:33 AM.
                          B&W Turnover
                          Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                          Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                          97 27RKFS SB
                          04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

interesting .... not a system I'm familiar with with ....
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '16 Camaro RS

Comment

in a mid afternoon phone call we learned the work on our truck had been completed and it was ready to be picked up .... we drove right over, paid the bill and drove back home several hundred $$$$ lighter .... I should be able to complete the every shorter list of things that need to be taken care of .... nothing complicated, I just need to make up my mind to get at it
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
                              X