Anybody traveling over Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody traveling over Thanksgiving

as is our family tradition, we will be gathering at my folks home in the mountains of western NC for Thanksgiving ... if it is back in time we have decided to bit the bullet and drive our Freightliner (will not be taking our camper) because my Dad really wants to see it .... thinking about the holidays, I got wondering how many folks here will be traveling and if the high cost of fuel is having any impact on your plans

Jim
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

I'm leaving at noon today to go to a Campgrounds of Distinction area in Lytle Creek, CA.(East of LA, near the 215 and 15) It's not the prettiest place, not the ugliest but it has hookups and it's conveniently located sort-of between my in-laws and us, so we meet there for a few days before Thanksgiving.
    2002 Excursion V10
    2006 SunnyBrook Sunset Creek 298BH
    Reese Dual-Cam
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoJoe View Post
      Campgrounds of Distinction area in Lytle Creek, CA.
      would that park be Mountain Lakes Resort Resorts of Distinction :: Resort Directory ... if so, I look forward to hearing your impressions and seeing any pictures you may take of the park ... it is one of the parks we can stay in through our Thousand Trails membership .... we've been looking at it at the above web site as a place we may stay if/when we get back out that way

Jim
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Thanksgiving has always been at our house. We have a dinner for those family members who have no place else to go. My DW comes from a large family, but they mostly go to their other families for Thanksgiving, the ones that don't, come here. We plan on 15 for dinner.

Christmas is a different story, all the kids take turns hosting the dinner. It is getting to be a bit too much. It's tough to seat 35 for dinner in one house.

We like traveling on the off times, almost always spend holidays throughout the year at home.

John

Comment

Originally planned to roll out Tuesday afternoon and come home Sunday. Weather has changed all that now with rain going on and forecast all the way into next week-end. After all, this is Southwest Louisiana. Alternate Plan "B" says we'll stay home and do Thanksgiving with our Son & DIL and all of their family.

As to fuel costs, we lead sheltered lives and spend little on anything else, other than our camping. So in that respect we're lucky. Judging from the daily traffic volumes I see, few others are affected by the rising fuel costs either.
          Clayton & Gayle
          2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
          2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
          Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I plan on going to the hills of NC where I have my SB set up permanent. Jim, what part of the hills do you go to? I am at Vanderpool CG in Vilas, just north of Boone on 421 about 7-8 miles out of town.

Bryan
            maverick41950
            PawPaw Bryan
            Last edited by maverick41950; 11-18-2007, 06:33 PM.
            06 Sunnybrook Titan 32BWKS

2007.5 CHEVY 3500 long bed Silverado, 4WD, Duals, Duramax, Allison.

08 Montego Bay 37 RLB4--Bought this one to travel around in. Thanks Jim, (JEBar), and Camptown RV

It is much easier to beg forgiveness than it is to ask permission.

Comment

Home for the actual holiday. Leave on Friday for our annual holiday weekend camp out.
              Ryan, Beth, Alyssa, Maggie the pug & Dexter the destroyer.
              Eatonville WA
              2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 CTD
              2001 Sunnybrook 31BWFS with optional Bedroom Slide.
              https://www.facebook.com/Magentaman

Comment

I plan on traveling from my family room to my kitchen to my dining room and then back to the family room
                Larry & Debbie Closurdo
                Skye the German Shepherd
                2003 Silverado 2500hd Duramax

1998 Sunnybrook 26 cks

Visit My Site

Comment

I'll set the camper up at Lake Ray Roberts SP on Wednesday.

Thursady afternoon we will celebrate a traditional Thanksgiving feast with my side of the family.

After that my immediate family and I will head to the camper (already set up) at Ray Roberst SP. We will stay there till Sunday. Several families will also be camping with us.

It's been several weeks since I've had the SunnyBrook out. We are only 2 nights shy of our record for nights camped in a single year. That was 55 nights in 2003, the first year of our current 29DBS. This next weekend should put us over the top. :thewave:
                  Russell
                  '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
                  '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
                  Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
                  '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                    would that park be Mountain Lakes Resort Resorts of Distinction :: Resort Directory ... if so, I look forward to hearing your impressions and seeing any pictures you may take of the park ... it is one of the parks we can stay in through our Thousand Trails membership .... we've been looking at it at the above web site as a place we may stay if/when we get back out that way

Jim
                    You Betcha! And if I can fugure out how to use this new-fangled camera doo-dad, I'll get some pix!

Originally posted by drfife View Post
                    It's been several weeks since I've had the SunnyBrook out.
                    Wow. A couple of weeks!?!?!? I feel so bad for you and your family! Are you hanging in there!?!? Kids in therapy yet? LOL! I WISH I could get it out that often! I got ours out a couple of weeks ago...so I wouldn't get overspray on it from painting the fence!
                    2002 Excursion V10
                    2006 SunnyBrook Sunset Creek 298BH
                    Reese Dual-Cam
                    sigpic

Comment

We will have Thanksgiving with my in-laws locally then Friday AM go to James Island County Park for the weekend. A whopping 6 miles round trip!
                      2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                      2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
                      B&W Turnover
                      Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                      Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                      97 27RKFS SB
                      04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by maverick41950 View Post
                        I plan on going to the hills of NC where I have my SB set up permanent. Jim, what part of the hills do you go to? I am at Vanderpool CG in Vilas, just north of Boone on 421 about 7-8 miles out of town.

Bryan
                        we will be southwest of there near the small town of Sylva

Jim
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '16 Camaro RS

Comment

thanksgiving

we will spend thanksgiving with daughter and her family but the day after we head south. got the desert fox about loaded, will hook the pickup up that evening and plug in and hopefuly leave in the am. look forward to that trip from north pole alaska to others daughters house in easten washington. no matter how many times we go down the road it is still something wife and i look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgillagorilla View Post
                            we will spend thanksgiving with daughter and her family but the day after we head south. got the desert fox about loaded, will hook the pickup up that evening and plug in and hopefuly leave in the am. look forward to that trip from north pole alaska to others daughters house in easten washington. no matter how many times we go down the road it is still something wife and i look forward to.
                            Be safe on your travels down this way!
                            Ryan, Beth, Alyssa, Maggie the pug & Dexter the destroyer.
                            Eatonville WA
                            2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 CTD
                            2001 Sunnybrook 31BWFS with optional Bedroom Slide.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Magentaman

Comment

Originally posted by mcgillagorilla View Post
                              going south to Washington state :wink!: ... that really sounds odd to us, but is perfectly correct for folks in Alaska .... any snow up there yet? ... do you have concerns about towing in Alaska/Canada this time of year ?

Jim
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
                              X