No announcement yet.

The Tarheel Roadrunners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumping back up ... the camper is all but packed and so far as I know, the truck is ready .... we plan to hookup in the morning and to be on the road shortly before noon
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• The Tarheel Roadrunners are at Caroline Crossroads near Roanoke Rapids today. All of the current members are here. We have 10 dogs and a 20 month old boy to add to the fun. Lots of good food and conversation. There is a meteor shower tonight but I doubt I will stay awake long enough to watch it.
      Our camper has not been out since we got back from SD in late JUne. We are checking the various systems this trip.

Comment

• it appears we are in for a cool (OK, cold) weekend .... our club is booked for our Thanksgiving outing at Raleigh Oaks RV Resort and Cabins in Four Oaks, NC .... we are scheduled to arrive on Friday Nov 10th and to leave on Monday the 13th .... visitors are more than welcome
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Dutch Oven Mountain Man's breakfast Saturday morning, y'all come .... did I mention they are calling for our first subfreezing temps of the season on Saturday morning .... its gonna take a bunch of charcoal ..
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Looks like we are missing out! I have been at my new job for 1 year this week and Angie and I have our 28th wedding anniversary tomorrow. We are currently camperless but have been looking. The 2 front runners are a T@B 320 or a Nash 17K. Totally different models haha... it's the thin air up here that makes your brain not quite work right. But even no oxygen would ever make me root for the Heels.
            Last edited by bmet2000; 11-10-2017, 03:15 PM.
            2015 Open Range Roamer RT310BHS "RJ"
            2012 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie, CCLB, Manual Trans "Black Betty"
            Traded 2010 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS
            Traded 2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab 2500 4x4, Manual Trans

Comment

• great to hear from you again .... good to know things are going well .... delivered your Heels message to Dianne .... it had what I'm sure was your desired affect ..
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• great day with good friends and good food .... pretty cool temps, bright and sunny day ... Dutch Oven Mountain Man's Breakfast was a hit, suspect we will fix another at next months club outing .... we went on and baked an Upside-down Pineapple cake in the Dutch Oven, it looks great, looking forward to cutting it tomorrow
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• I believe it would be safe to say that the cake was a hit .... none left .... the first part of our day involved our family driving 50+ miles from the CG to attend the Baptism of our oldest grandson .... we got back to the camper shortly after noon .... I spent a while putting up the grill, cleaning and storing the Dutch Oven, packing away charcoal and our various Dutch Oven tools .... rain is supposed to move in tonight, not looking forward to breaking camp in the morning
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                  X