Catalina SP -- Tucson, AZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalina SP -- Tucson, AZ

Just finished 11 days at Catalina SP north of Tucson--AZ seems to know how to run a campground. Well-paved roads, clean and nice showers. $30day and no in/out fee like TX and CO. 30/50amp + water, but no sewer. We made it the 11 days with only one 'leak' of the grey tank. Dark nights and quiet, even tho only 1/2 mile from a Walmart....even saw a couple of horned toads, lots of ground squirrels.
    Would be terrific if they could control the temps down in the upper 80s instead of the low 100s.........I can imagine they are very busy during the fall/winter/spring seasons.
    Last edited by wingnut60; 05-13-2018, 04:50 PM.
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

We love that park. Glad you had a nice visit
    2019 F350 CC 4x4 SB ARE CX Cap with lift door
    2005 Sunnybrook 33FKS
    2001 Sunnybrook 26FK-kept 10 yrs loved it
    Hensley Arrow

Comment

nice looking park .... don't know if or when we will get back out that way but if we do, it looks like a place we'd enjoy .... thanks for reporting on it
      Camping information and reservations for Catalina State Park north of Tucson at the foot of the Santa Catalina Mountains. Reserve online or by phone.
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Just got back from there about a month ago. Nice place

Comment

Don't they charge $7 a day per vehicle? What in/out fee does any Texas park have? Hosted at one this summer we had no in or out fee?

Comment

All of the Texas parks I've been to don't have an in/out fee. When you check in you are issued a pass for the windshield and you can go in and out all you want until it expires (when you check out).
            Clif and Millie
            Mabank, TX (sorta)
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
            2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
            2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Never heard of an in/out fee in CO. You pay for the number of days and get a windshield sticker that allows you to come and go as you please. There are some day use only state parks that may work that way, but I've never been to them.

John
              LaPorte, Colorado
              2003 F250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel, Auto - 2004 Sunnybrook Solanta 2816 - 2004 Brakesmart - 2006 Hensley Arrow

To be Old and Wise, You Must First be Young and Stupid!

Don't do something permanently stupid just because you're temporarily upset!

Comment

Originally posted by whereigo View Post
                Don't they charge $7 a day per vehicle? What in/out fee does any Texas park have? Hosted at one this summer we had no in or out fee?
                If you go into Catalina state park to hike, have a picnic, or day use yes they charge $7.00. But if you are camping they will give you a pass to hang on your rear view mirror so you can get in and out. We used to tow our trailer in with our Excursion and the wife would drive in the car, we would use the car cause it gets better gas mileage and leave the Excursion there. Well now they are charging $15.00 per day for a second vehicle. Motor homes with toads do not pay extra.

Comment

Yes, I believe the in/out pass comes with a space rental at Catalina. In Texas, believe same deal. But in Colorado, if I remember correctly, it IS a $7 or $8 day in/out even if renting a space. So if staying more than ten days, or going to other parks, then it works to get the annual pass--$70. At least that is my memory from last summer at Ridgway SP.
                  '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                  '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                  '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                  First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                  Livin to go campin
                  In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Working...
                  X