Devil's Den State Park, Winslow, AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devil's Den State Park, Winslow, AR

We have reservations at Devil's Den State Park near Winslow, Arkansas in site #55 in a couple of weeks.

I contacted the park today about driving directions. Their website said not to take Hwy 74 with an RV greater than 26'.

They advise I-540 and to take exit #53 and follow Hwy 170 west to the park.

Also, they recommend dropping the trailer at the assigned site before checking in at park office.

I'll post info and pictures after I arrive.
    Russell
    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
    '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Russell:

They are correct about the routes. Avoid the shorter route...very tight switchbacks and steep grades. We have done it in the past with the Sunnybrook but no more.
    Gary Lilja
    '13 Jayco Pinnacle 35LKTS
    '03 Sunnybrook 30FKS (Gone, but not forgotten)
    '05 GMC 2500HD D/A

Comment

Well, I am looking forward to this report

Comment

Caution!

Definitely follow their driving directions!

Also, since you already have a site number, I would drive directly to your site, get set up, and then drive up (or walk if you're so inclined) to the office to check in. Unless they've made some big changes, there is no place to park your rig up by the office (ask me how I know!). We had traffic tied up for about 10 minutes, and had the help of someone else on the opposite side of the rig from me (behind) to help Dan back out. You can NOT take your rig the back way down the hill to the campground.

With all that said, Devil's Den SP is a beautiful park, and the campground is very nice. It is down in a hole, and you might need to make the short walk up to the big rock on the main road to get service, although we camped there in 2007 when cell service wasn't all that great in many places.

There is a nice little trail from the campground up to place where the water falls over a rock wall, and if I remember right, there are some old CCC buildings at the park.

I posted pictures from our stay, but I'm pretty sure that was on the old Sunnybrook forum.

Enjoy your stay there.

Zerelda
        Dan & Zerelda Hammer
        Pensacola, FL
        SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
        2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Devil's Den Pictures

Here are a few pictures from our 2007 stay. It will be interesting to see if it's changed much.
          Zerelda
          Attached Files
          Dan & Zerelda Hammer
          Pensacola, FL
          SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
          2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

We camped 3 nights at Devil's Den State Park Arkansas site 55 for 3 nights in June 2013.

All the full hook-up sites are in camping area "E". Water pressure at spigot 100 psi. Excellent water quality. Consistent 50A electric service. Sewer located at rear of pad. The sites are large. Heavy tree cover. No cell or WiFi available in the camping area. WiFi available at park store. Cell available 1 mile drive to top of hill.

Closest fuel and grocery in West Fork, Arkansas. Fayetteville about a 30 minute drive north.

Great hiking trails, some are strenuous.

We would definitely return to this campground.
            Attached Files
            Russell
            '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
            '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
            Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
            '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Nice looking park. Those sweet gum balls with throw you though!
              2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
              06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
              16K DrawTite, LineX
              His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
              Elle and BJ

In the past:
              97 27RKFS SB
              04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
              X