Fall trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall trip

I'm planning an RV trip to Arkansas this fall. I will start by visiting a friend in Royal, outside Hot Spgs. and stay at the nearby Crystal Springs COE park. From there I want to head to the Eurika Springs area, head east to Mountain Home, then to Mountain View and on to Degray State Park before heading back to Texas. Please suggest a campground you'd recommend that has water, electric, sewer hookups plus level sites. I'm open to alternative places to stay/visit in each area.
    Last edited by JPT51; 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM.
    Jay

2002 MS 2750
    2500HD Silverado 6.0L gas
    Love the Tetons!

Petit Jean State Park near Morrilton, AR is very nice. It is south east of Russellville, AR off I-40. They have full hook-up sites. You can reserve specific sites. We were in site #19, which was EXCELLENT!

I cannot recommend Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena, AR. The sites are pooly laid out. The scenery in the area is great, but the campsites are pitiful.

First 3 pictures below are from Petit Jean.
    Last 3 from Queen Wilelmina.
    Attached Files
    Russell
    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
    '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Beautiful

The website looks it's in a beautiful part of the state. Thanks for the suggestion!
      Jay

2002 MS 2750
      2500HD Silverado 6.0L gas
      Love the Tetons!

Comment

Mountain Home

I live in Mountain Home and if you haven't been here before, you will be impressed. Check out Bull Shoals White River State Park. Beautiful place to stay.
        Ron and Glenda
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X