X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe in TX
    replied
    at tom sawyer rv park for couple days.
    got the last site available for sunday night and we got here at 2pm.

they have two big rallies this week...nothing available need the river front.

we enjoy this park for a stop over rest

Leave a comment:

• Joe&Linda
    replied
    Tom Sawyer RV Park

We arrived yesterday at Tom Sawyer RV Park. The Mississippi is down so flooding at this time is not an issue.
    Part of the road entering the park is a little rough but very drivable. Not sure if this was an effect of the last flood.
    On the 5th wheel sites on the river the front row has full hookups and concrete pads while the back row has no electric and gravel pads but it doesn't look like they use these sites presently. The other two sections have some cement pads and some gravel and all have electric.
    The one bathroom is still at 45 degree angle and not usable.
    They have 6 frontload washers and six dryers that we used and are great and free. The only issue is that they are on the 2nd floor and would be an issue if a person has a hard time going up stairs.

We enjoyed our 2 days here and would return. Enjoyed watching all the barges and the staff was great.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Joe in TX
    replied
    Tom Sawyer's RvV Park - West memphis AR

Has anyone been to this park in the last two years ?? Appreciate the prior discussion but need an update. THANKS

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    That is interesting.
    Triple axle trailer should be lighter pin weight, and he has both axles on the tv.
    Maybe he just put together what was handy.
    Or a dual use tv.
    He has room for a living room behind that cab.

Lee
    Yep, and the trailer does NOT have any kind of Bigfoot or Level Up system on it. He still has the scissor type jacks in the rear and the pinned front jacks. I have no idea what the Westpointe trailers cost, but the paint job is nice.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    That is interesting.
    Triple axle trailer should be lighter pin weight, and he has both axles on the tv.
    Maybe he just put together what was handy.
    Or a dual use tv.
    He has room for a living room behind that cab.

And for you,
    its not everyday you get a view like that from your living room.
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla
    replied
    We arrived here yesterday and will be here for three days. We love this park!! I don't think I mentioned that the washers and dryers use are free. Since our Splendide is on the fritz, we will be taking advantage of their use tomorrow. Perfect weather. It was 70 degrees today and is supposed to be the same tomorrow.

I've enclosed a few more pictures. The first two are the view out our big back window. There is also one of an interesting full timer's rig.........a Westpointe, a big rig truck, and the smart car that rides on the back of the truck.

Joe
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mee
    replied
    Originally posted by sailbls View Post
    Joe,on your way back thru Arkansas you ought to spend the night at Maumelle Park in LR.....beautiful COE Camp Grounds on the Arkansas River next to the LR Yacht Club full hookups new baths and showers....very close in town.... I-40 thru NLR..... take I-430 S across river bridge........ take the first right (Cantrell Rd.) after river bridge continue west on Cantrell Rd. a few miles follow signs...safe travels...
    Camped there many many times, one of our favorites, one of the best COEs we have visited. But, have never had full hookup, only W/E (unless sewers added in the last few months). The are a few full hookups reserved for families visiting medical facilities/hospitals in Little Rock.

Was there last year in the spring when several large trees fell on several motorhomes and RVs during a sever thunderstorm. Two fell parallel to our coach, but no damage!

The A section on the river is great.

Milton

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla
    replied
    Originally posted by sailbls View Post
    Joe,on your way back thru Arkansas you ought to spend the night at Maumelle Park in LR.....beautiful COE Camp Grounds on the Arkansas River next to the LR Yacht Club full hookups new baths and showers....very close in town.... I-40 thru NLR..... take I-430 S across river bridge........ take the first right (Cantrell Rd.) after river bridge continue west on Cantrell Rd. a few miles follow signs...safe travels...
    Wow, Bobby, that sounds nice. We may just do that.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• sailbls
    replied
    Last edited by sailbls; 10-20-2011, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla
    replied
    We hope to stay here again on the trip back with the new rig. I will ask for one of the concrete sites so I can take a great picture for some new full timer business cards. Perhaps if I get real lucky, a tug boat with some barges will pick that time to cross in front of my lens too.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• monde48
    replied
    I will have to agree with everyonethis is one awesome Park. We stayed there one night only, but it is a great place. We took lots of pictures of the river and right now I cannot find them. I think they are on a memory stick, and by the way. Our GPS did take us through the rough areas:snapshot:

Leave a comment:

• BC Jim
    replied
    Originally posted by dzwiss View Post
    Flooding is not new to them. It happens frequently. I'm sure they have the drying out process down pat.
    Yes, I bet the circuit breakers don't get old at this park. They're probably pretty good at replacing them. A little power washing on the receptacles and they're good to go.

I bet the park is a sight to see after the river receeds. The Mississippi isn't called the Big Muddy for nothing.

Leave a comment:

• dzwiss
    replied
    Flooding is not new to them. It happens frequently. I'm sure they have the drying out process down pat.

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla
    replied
    I believe the biggest issue was cleaning the mud off everything.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    We stayed at that CG a few years ago and loved it. I was wondering if they had to replace all the electrical hookups at the sites? I imagine that it would be relatively easy to sterilize the water taps and piping, but it would be a much bigger deal making all the electrical components and wiring safe to use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X