Winters in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winters in California

We are planning to winter in California when I retire in two years. I was planning to start in San Diego at Santee RV Park just east of San Diego. We have been there before and the reviews are good. We have friends that spend a few months each winter there. We will spend probably 4-6 months in California to escape the winters of Denver. My two sons live in California.

San Diego, Mission Bay is hard to beat. I plan to sail my Hobie kayak a few times a week, play some golf and relax. I may get bored, but will have to see.

I would also like to explore the central coast, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, Cayucos area as well. Does anyone have any experience wintering in this area? We would like to be near the ocean. I know there are a few RV parks in the area, but have never stopped to explore them.

Thank you.

Paul
    sigpic

Paul and Sue
    Littleton, CO
    2015 GMC Dually Denali
    2010 36RSSB3 Mobile Suites
    Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch

Previous rigs:
    Coleman pop-up, 30 ft Prowler TT, Sunnybrook 30 ft pull trailer, SunnyBrook 30RKFS Fifth wheel

We enjoyed our stay at Santee a couple of years ago. Would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Russell
    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
    '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

There are lots of RV parks in the SLO, Morro Bay, Pismo Beach.
      Great areas right along the ocean.
      Winter in this part of Cali, will be cool at times, wet at times and beautiful most of the time!
      We have spent a lot of time in the Pismo Beach area, and Morro Bay.
      2015 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab Z71 4x4, G80, IBC
      Equal-I-Zer hooked to our 2017 Arctic Fox:salute:
      2001 Sunnybrook 26CKS gone to new home😀

Comment

Working...
      X