Passing through denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
    Sounds like a good place, wish it was on the south side.
    Joe
    Why are you looking to the south side? Are you going westbound on I-70 into the mountains or south on I-25?

John
    LaPorte, Colorado
    2003 F250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel, Auto - 2004 Sunnybrook Solanta 2816 - 2004 Brakesmart - 2006 Hensley Arrow

To be Old and Wise, You Must First be Young and Stupid!

Don't do something permanently stupid just because you're temporarily upset!

Comment

Passing through denver

Site K3's concrete pad was very uneven. The floor of my trailer was over 4' off the ground. The staff offered a multi-stair step but I declined since the CG is on a slope. I feel the site was a hazard. Management was unwilling to move me. I left after one night though had paid for three. The park has a no refund policy.

We moved to Clear Creek RV Park, a great place in Golden and right on the river. The location is ideal -1/2 mi along a concrete trail to downtown. The maximum stay is 14 days but you can return after being gone for a day. Reservations aren't accepted but if you go to the office before 7AM you'll likely get in. Several pads back up to the river.

Elevation is 5,700ft
      Last edited by JPT51; 07-29-2013, 12:28 AM.
      Jay

2002 MS 2750
      2500HD Silverado 6.0L gas
      Love the Tetons!

Comment

Site K3's concrete pad was very uneven

Was this one in Golden as well?
        What was the name of this place?
        Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
        Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
        04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
        07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
        16K Pullrite Super Slide
        2006 Excel 30RSO
        All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Clear Creek RV Park -Golden Co.

Here's the link to a great place to stay if you want to be 1/2 mile from downtown Golden. There are some large motorcoaches here.

Clear Creek RV Park | City of Golden, Colorado
          Jay

2002 MS 2750
          Love the Tetons!

Comment

Originally posted by JPT51 View Post
            Here's the link to a great place to stay if you want to be 1/2 mile from downtown Golden. There are some large motorcoaches here.

Clear Creek RV Park | City of Golden, Colorado

Site K3's concrete pad was very uneven --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was this one in Golden as well?
            What was the name of this place?
            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

What about a name under places to avoid in Co?
            Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
            Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
            04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
            07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
            16K Pullrite Super Slide
            2006 Excel 30RSO
            All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Dakota Ridge RV Park is also in Golden.

I will not stay @ Dakota Ridge again unless it's an emergency and then for only one night. Evev with a Good Sam's discount the fee was over $50.00 a night.

One other observation, the sewer connection was uphill @ site K3. It wasn't the only pad like that.

Dakota Ridge RV Park (Golden, CO) - Campground Reviews - TripAdvisor
              Last edited by JPT51; 07-30-2013, 10:49 PM.
              Jay

2002 MS 2750
              Love the Tetons!

Comment

We stayed at Dakota Ridge this summer and it was really nice. Happy to stay there again.

Lucky to get a spot there or anywhere. We had planned to stay at Clear Creek RV, but called too late. My DW called at 7:05 am - but we forgot they were an hour ahead so it was 8:05 in Denver and all sites were already booked, and had been since 7:05 coincidentally. We called Dakota Ridge and had two nice nights there. Caught the Giants win over the Rockies that day, so fun was had by all. And nobody in Colorado beat us up in our bright orange Giants shirts -but we did get a lot of funny looks.
                sigpic

Brian and his Girl Crew
                5 bikes - One top tube!

:thewave:

Rig: 2004 Excursion 6.0 PSD + 2009 27' Salem TT

Rolling out from Modesto, California, to places hither and yon.

Comment

This is the good news/bad news post...
                  We've been staying at the Dakota Ridge RV Park these last two weeks. It's a pretty park, and the people in the office (that we've dealt with) are very nice. I have to say, though, that they don't know anything about anything, other than the most basic things. The lady in the office wasn't even really sure where there was a grocery store beyond Wal-Mart. Really??? They also don't know anything about riding the light rail. So they weren't helpful with things to do/see kinds of things. They just pointed to the stack of flyers, which I don't need.
                  It is very expensive - our weekly rate is about $56/night. However, It is a tad over a mile away to the light rail, where you can park for free. I found out about this from the gal who cut my hair. There was always space at the top for our big truck. So you can take the light rail from the Jefferson County Govt Center to Union Station, and then you can take the free shuttle that goes right down 16th street, through the heart of town. You can get on/off at any of the stops, but it ends down by the Capitol (right across the street), and the walk to a few of the museums is just a few blocks away. We cut across the pretty park in the center of the area there. There are other stops along the way. One was near the amusement park, and one looked to be fairly close to the sports stadium. The tickets for riding are easy to get - just follow the prompts for the one you want, slide your card in, and you're on your way. Seniors get a discount too - about half price. You just have to be prepared to show ID if they come around and ask to see your tickets. We were only asked once, and they didn't even ask Dan for his ID. Dan's ticket - $2.60, and mine was $5.20. If you plan to spend time downtown, this is the way to go. Parking is difficult to find, and very expensive - $4/half hour, and as much as $26/day.
                  With all that said, there are some negatives. As someone mentioned, depending on which way you're parked, your sewer might be running uphill.
                  The roads are narrow and curvy. We've seen some people having to ask others to move their vehicles so they can get through the park.
                  One of the biggest problems is that there is no place to park your vehicle, unless you have a very small car in tow. So your big truck will be parked perpendicular to your rig, and in some cases right on the edge of the road.
                  We noticed that some of the sites on the back of the park have pads that you have to back uphill in, and you can see where people have scraped their back ends getting in.
                  I don't mind a busy park on the weekends, when families are having fun, even if I'm not all that crazy about listening to their loud music or TV's (we've all shared comments about this topic at one time or another). However, one of the biggest negatives is the Harley Bar across road. Starting at about 1 p.m. on Saturdays, and going until sometime after 10:30 (when we turned on the AC to cover the noise), the music is very loud, and might as well be on your campsite, and the Harley bikes coming and going are loud as well, and shake your rig, especially if you're in the sites near the road. No offense to you Harley owners. During the week it's quieter, and the bikers seem to pull in and out more conservatively.

With all that negative stuff said - we did run into this character on the free shuttle into town. He is apparently a fixture downtown. We saw him on the sidewalk again the other day. The tour of the Capitol is very interesting too.

Zerel
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                  Pensacola, FL
                  SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                  2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

I forgot to mention that the $56/night is for a back-in (weekly rate). Pull-through is more.
                    Z
                    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                    Pensacola, FL
                    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

I also forgot to mention that the music is Blues & Heavy Metal, with the occasional country song tossed in.
                      Z
                      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                      Pensacola, FL
                      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Working...
                      X