Lake City Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake City Co.

any recommendations on camp grounds in Lake City---Creede---south fork area?

Our favorite has always been Castle Lakes Resort. It's out from town past Lake San Cristobol. Spectacular setting.
    Gary Lilja
    '13 Jayco Pinnacle 35LKTS
    '03 Sunnybrook 30FKS (Gone, but not forgotten)
    '05 GMC 2500HD D/A

Comment

Commercial or Forest Service?

Williams Creek up the road past Lake San Cristobal is a nice FS campground. There are several comm cgs in the LC itself, but most of them are very tightly packed. Henson Creek is one name I recall, right on Henson Creek

We also have stayed at Castle Lakes but weren't that happy with it--there are 2 areas at that CG--one sort of in the open, one nestled up in the trees. They do rent Jeeps there. Poss we were unhappy about the Jeep rental--no gas closer than LC, have to fill up there before turning it in and then the owner tops it off and charges for what was used in the 7 miles back to the cg--maybe I'm nit-picking. Other than that, the owners are very friendly.

The really nice CG in Creede is Mountain Views--very upscale and well-run. Also has a private resort section with sites that can be bought/leased. We like to stay at Bristol Head FS CG, but no hookups, and pumped well water. Also another FS cg at Marshall Park west of Creede. There are some smaller comm cgs out on the LC highway--a nice one is Antlers and has a really good dining room--reservations for both cg and food a necessity.

South Fork has 2-3 comm cgs, take a look at RVParkReviews.com for some reviews of cgs in all the areas you are asking about. Also, use Google Maps satellite view to check an area out.

Have been going to that area for over 30 years off and on. Love the area, I think you will also.

Joe
      '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
      '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
      '10 F450 4x4--new to me
      First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
      Livin to go campin
      In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

jonesuh,
        Did you make it to Lake City? We were there from 9th to the 18th at Williams Creek FS CG.
        Joe
        '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
        '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
        First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
        Livin to go campin
        In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Working...
        X