Hickory Hollow CG .... North Utica, Il

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hickory Hollow CG .... North Utica, Il

has anyone camped at Hickory Hollow CG in North Utica, Il .... we have never stayed there before and are planning to overnight there in June

Jim
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

We stayed there for an overnight in late September 2010. Nice place. Might have stayed longer but we were in a hurry to get home after an extended stay in ND due to a broken truck. I remember the campground was very busy due to some local event. We got the last space available. Friendly staff, clean place. Remember this is an experience from 2.5 years ago. YMMV.
    Dave & Jo Ann
    2008 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB (gone)
    2011 Ford F350 Dually (gone)
    2019 Ford F150 5.0 Lariat crew cab 6.5' box

Comment

info appreciated .... do you remember it as being pretty much open or having lots of trees

Jim
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Good number of trees and some of the park roads were a little tight for backing in but I've been in much worse. Can't remember if we used the roof dish in this park or not. There are some open pull-thrus on the east side of the campground, but none of those were available when we rolled in without a reservation.
        Last edited by fivercamper; 04-12-2013, 01:47 AM.
        Dave & Jo Ann
        2008 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB (gone)
        2011 Ford F350 Dually (gone)
        2019 Ford F150 5.0 Lariat crew cab 6.5' box

Comment

10-4 .... will call for reservations

Jim
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

update

6-19-13 .... we are setup in Hickory Hollow where we will overnight .... really a nice little park, convenient to I-39, easy off/on I-80 .... $33.30 (with GoodSam discount) for 50 amp, paved site that is so level we don't have to unhook from the truck .... that is something we seldom seem to find .... water pressure good, sewer hookup well placed, electric power good .... below are some random pictures of the CG and our site .... playground is well done for smaller children .... pool is small but seems to be very nice .... sites offer a blend of clear view (90+ signal strength with roof dish) and shaded .... we would most certainly stay here again .... side note, they are having a Bounder Club here for the rest of the week and they parked us right in the middle of it .... fortunately, we will be out of here early and I'm sure they will fill the site quickly

Jim
            Attached Files
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
            X