Lake Le-Aqua-Na

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Le-Aqua-Na

I thought we were going to the Lena, IL KOA. I guess that turned out to be the backup plan. Sort of glad we didn't have to. We saw the KOA from the road and it sure looked like a parking lot (though to be honest I have never been in a KOA, so I don't know what they are like.) Anyhow, we went to Lake Le-Aqua-Na instead. We really enjoyed the peace and quiet there. One of the couples that was with us walked to the far end of the park and said they could hear the wind machines and said they would be disturbing if we camped that far down.

Two downsides to our stay:
    -The 50A service at site 137 (where our friend with the 5er stayed) didn't work. 30A did so he made due by using the propane furnace.
    -The roads in the park are in bad repair, narrow and VERY dark at night.

Not so much a downside but the placement of the firepits seemed a little off. The fire in the picture is our pit and the 5er's pit is right by the curbside rear corner just out of the picture and the site down the hill from us had their pit centered on the parking area and right up to the edge of it.

Sires are crushed gravel and flat and mostly level. No alcohol is permitted in the park. The sites we hade were across from one of the guest host's sites and all guest host sites are situated fairly close to each oter (as well as the bathroom/shower building)

We would certainly go back and are planning on going back in the spring. We're just going to make sure we arrive before dark

It did get cold, 25 at night, but our Roo didn't do bad with 2 little ceramic cube heaters. I set the propane furnace thermostat at 60 after building the inside temp to 70 at 10:30pm. The cube heaters only let the inside temp drop to 65 at 7:30am. We had two beds opened up and I think if we had only opened the one we were sleeping in the temp would have held even better.

Frank and Jean
    Retired Navy
    DAV Life Member
    '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
    '03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
    The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.

sigpic

Looks like a nice place... the no alcohol rule is a bummer and would probably force me to look elsewhere.

Sad that a few irresponsible folks have ruined it for the others...
    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
    sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by busch2fan View Post
      Looks like a nice place... the no alcohol rule is a bummer and would probably force me to look elsewhere.

That's what sippy cups are for...
      Professional pride incorporated
      in every product and service will always
      result in an exceptional customer experience.

That's the only purpose of a business.

https://www.ProPrideHitch.com

https://www.facebook.com/ProPride

Comment

Working...
      X