Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FunTimes
    replied
    Hey everyone take another look at these snow pictures and think cool it has been a very hot humid summer 2016

Leave a comment:

• MAAX2
    replied
    The forecasts for Sioux City, Oklahoma City, and Gordonville, are starting to look better for the next few days. I am encouraged.

When I took our SB to Capital RV in Bismarck this morning, I was somewhat surprised when I told the guy there who I was and that I had scheduled with "Paul" to have our camper in for brake adjustment and for it to be kept inside overnight to "warm up". "Jim" told me that they weren't supposed to be doing any service this weekend as they were doing a special showing of their new campers and they were using the service bays to display campers.

I could see my name on the service schedule sheet, and the notation for "brake check", and I questioned him about it. Jim finally said he could get it in.

I asked about the arrangement I had made with Paul about keeping our unit inside overnight, and Jim said he didn't know what Paul was thinking when he made the appointment, and that was not possible. I didn't see Paul anywhere around.

As we were getting the paperwork done, Jim looked out the window, saw our unit and said, "so, you have a SunnyBrook?" and when I said "Yes", he asked, "Who makes that?" I did a double take, and hesitated just a second or two, and finally asked, "What?', and he said, again, "Who makes that, Keystone?". I said, "No, SunnyBrook made that one."

When he said he had never heard of them, I knew, even though "Paul" may not have known what he was doing, today I was not dealing with the sharpest knife in the drawer, either. I was sure he probably didn't know too much about Keystone either, since this dealership seems to have a lot of them on their showroom floor.

Not having any other option available to me today, I did leave the camper there, and think I arranged for it to be parked outside overnight on their lot, and we will be able to pick it up on the first leg of our trip to Lake Texoma tomorrow. At least I hope "Jim" was able to authorize that. It is probably a good thing that Paul wasn't there.

We plan to arrive at their place a half hour before they open, and to be hooked up and ready to hit the road as soon as someone shows up for me to pay the bill. I kind of hope it is Jim who I get to see tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• HitchnRun
    replied
    I went the bag route....watched Ebay for months picking up nylon and canvas zippered bags...Now my grill tools, fire ring tools, wheel & tire tools, etc. each have their own bag labelled on the o/s for ease of access...

Leave a comment:

• Westwind
    replied
    Two

I'm really after all these years thinging of a second tool box, or bags that stay in the trailer, I'm in the process of gathering everything up that I removed over the last 3 months doing my in house winter projects. Pain Maybe if I was neater and more organized it wouldn't be such a chore, but getting the misc into the trailer compartment will be. Cold & Icy are the conditions out there, heat wave today about 6 hours of 30- 35 degrees.
    Tomorrow more wintery mix.
    Last edited by Westwind; 02-04-2011, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HitchnRun
    replied
    Originally posted by Westwind View Post
    So now it's time to start watching the I95 corridor. Goal is to be ready to go
    on Tuesday and watch the weather.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed and send some of our weather over there for you....We (miraculously) missed it all....
    Safe travels and an uneventful journey....

Leave a comment:

• Westwind
    replied
    More snow? Ice ?

Right now I have about and inch of frozen ice on the roof of our trailer and
    two more forcasted storms of some nature coming on Saturday and next
    Tuesday with another on Thursday suggested by our local weather man. We
    are scheduled to pull out on Saturday or Sunday for Florida.
    So now it's time to start watching the I95 corridor. Goal is to be ready to go
    on Tuesday and watch the weather.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by MAAX2 View Post
    everything should warm up as we come through, bringing the nicer temperatures south with us.:stir:

with you bringing warmer temps down from the north, us bringing them up from the south and Russell taking care of the middle, things just have to be fine ..

Jim

Leave a comment:

• MAAX2
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    unfortunately Sir Walter Wally doesn't agree ..

Jim
    Imagine that, a casual glance at any calendar will show that March 21, the official first day of spring, is very close to 6 weeks away, so a prediction of "6 more weeks of winter" would be pretty hard to argue with.

For NOW, we are noticing that the conditions in Oklahoma and northern Texas are not so much different from what it is here in North Dakota. In fact the predictions for temps today have it warmer here than there.

That won't stop us from heading out on Saturday morning, though. So, everything should warm up as we come through, bringing the nicer temperatures south with us.:stir:

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by HitchnRun View Post
    Not to worry guys...the big fat rat saw no shadow...It'll be gone shortly!!!
    unfortunately Sir Walter Wally doesn't agree ..

Jim

Leave a comment:

• HitchnRun
    replied
    Not to worry guys...the big fat rat saw no shadow...It'll be gone shortly!!!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    OK, so it might be a tad short of blizzard but they are calling for 3.2" of snow tomorrow night here on Lake Conroe which is just north of Houston, TX .... if it does what they are calling for, I suspect it will be big news in this part of the country

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Westwind
    replied
    Ice

Here in Rhode Island our storms have been a wet heavy snow, that's why I have a love affair with our Ariens snow blower. But this last gave us about 1 of Ice on top of maybe 1 inch of rain soaked snow. Spent 2 hours chipping it off the driveway in front of the garage so we could get our cars in the garage. Have a small incline on our driveway, also the walkway into the house. I really prefer snow, the fluffy kind.
    Ice is Tough stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Amped Up
    replied
    You hit the nail on the head! Yes it's pretty and it was cool to wake up to, but I've about had it with the SNOWBLOWER!!!!

Time for a good warm dinner.

Leave a comment:

• TomTheThreeFan
    replied
    It's just FRIGID!

Very little snow (not enough to even leave a trace) here in NW La., but it sure is COLD! Wind Chill -1. I had emptied my tanks on the MH after last weekend's trip to Lake Wright Patman, but I didn't blow out the lines. We only get this type of weather, once every 5 or 6 years, and it's only for a few nights.

The photos are great. WOW, that's A LOT of dadgum snow there! Jees! I'm glad that I live, where I live. I'm sure it's pretty and all, but I wouldn't want to have to shovel and do all that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• muddy princess sara
    replied
    I am very happy to say we missed this hard hitting storm.

Keep warm. Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X