Davenport, Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport, Iowa

We stayed at the Interstate RV Park, just of I-80 in Davenport, IA. I'll just start by saying we would have chosen another park if it had been open for the season. The short version is that we won't camp here again unless we have to.

The campground does have pull-through sites, 50-amp, full hook-ups, although you can get 30-amp w just electric/water. The sites are gravel/grass. Roads are gravel, and a bit rough, although we did see someone grading the roads while we were there. The sites are too close together! I could stand between our site and the one next to us and reach both slides when I stretched out my arms.

There is a pool, and the laundry room was clean. I only know about the laundry room because I dropped off a stack of those plastic storage bags that I used to have under the bed. The bathrooms have a code to get in, and I didn't get the code, but I assume that it was clean as well.

This campground has a place for overnighters that's easy to get to, if you absolutely have to get off the road. They're nicer, long pull-through sites - but for one night only, which we found out the hard way.

This campground doesn't really take reservations, but she did assign us a site before we arrived, which we didn't know about. So, since no one was in the office when we arrived, we took one of those spaces listed on the door. So we were told we had to move after we'd been in our site for two hours, all set up, except for (thankfully) unhooking the truck. Dan was steamed.

The lady in the office was a bit rude, and I didn't help when I reminded her that she could have told us she had assigned us a site when I had her on the phone that morning to confirm there was a space for us.

Odd office hours - 8:00-8:30 in the morning, and 3:30 to 7 p.m. in the evening - subject to change whenever lightning strikes, or something.

There are a lot of permanent campers (or seasonal) around the campground.

The real kicker is that overnight people get scalped. We paid $36/night for the week, including tax. But those staying overnight only, pay $42/night, and that includes any discounts (and then don't forget to add tax).

Z
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Thanks, sounds like a great place to stay away from.
    Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
    2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
    Previously:
    2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

evaluation appreciated .... thanks for the warning
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC