Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rvduo
    replied
    Here is a map of the campground. If you plan to camp here, especially if you have a larger rig, ask for sites 232-242. They are pull-through sites (angle parking), with their own patios, so you won't be having people next door sitting under your slides (literally). These are level sites. Also, sites 210-222, also pull-through, angle parking, and level, although they are very close between sites, and you will still have to park your vehicle on the edge of the road. The rest of the campground is on a hill, and you will not be able to level your rig. The campground is located between Lexington and Frankfort (and the Ark Encounter to the North); so it's a good location.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    nice looking park .... we are glad to know its there
    It is a pretty park. Just make sure you are getting a pull-through if you have anything larger than 30 feet. The roads are too narrow, and people having to park in front of their rigs doesn't help.

Pull-through sites have to park in front of their rigs too, or use the visitor parking near the office. The sites are all just too short. They really should make everything angle parking.

Z

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    nice looking park .... we are glad to know its there

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    Here are some pictures I took a little while ago. CORRECTION on all back-in sites. We did find a row (pictured) out by the main road, and next to the Interstate, and also another very short row nestled in between some other sites in another circle.

Be prepared to pay big bucks for the pull-through sites. Someone told me they are $47/night.

Someone pulled in to the site next to us a little while ago. They will be having a new back window put in on Friday. They broke out their back window getting into their site.

Zerelda

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    Whispering Hills CG - first impressions - but pictures later today or tomorrow (we're off to the Toyota plant tour today in about 20 minutes).

It's a pretty little park, well taken care of. Everyone we've come into contact with in the office are all just as nice as they can be.

HOWEVER -

This park is not meant for as big as ours (34 ft), although I did see two other sites in another circle that wouldn't be too hard to get into. The front of our rig is actually at the edge of the road.

NO TENTS allowed.

Sites - gravel. The ones up top are more level than the ones down here where we are. They all slant toward the water. So depending on which side of the road you're on, if your rig is tipped to the front or back. The sites up top on the hill look to be fairly level.

Sites are NOT at an angle, except for about 1/2 a dozen they use for large motorcoaches up top. All other sites are 90-degrees from road.

Roads - paved, but narrow, and parking is in front of your rig on the road. So campers have to move their vehicles so others can get into their sites. $200 fee for driving over and making a rut in the grass between sites.

Our site (#55), and most along the water - drops off at the back of the site toward the lake. It was pouring rain yesterday when we got here, and we could see how saturated the ground was (rut in grass, and my foot sank up to my heel in my sandals) So we were worried about getting too far back, and getting the rig stuck in the mud.

The silver lining is that it's centrally located to Frankfort & Lexington. Also, we're only about 5 miles from the Toyota plant.

Zerelda

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    We have reservations at Whispering Hills - will report back.
    Z

Leave a comment:

• jboggess
    replied
    I've been to Whispering Hills a many times. Nice place Nice pool.. Nice people

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    we looked into both of those a while back and decided we would go with Whispering Hills .... biggest factor in our decision was reports that the sites at Kentucky River are very small/narrow .... in the end we changed our route and didn't camp in that area

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    started a topic Frankfort KY Campground Suggestions

Frankfort KY Campground Suggestions

Has anyone ever camped at the Kentucky River Campground or the Whispering Hills RV Park in the Frankfort, KY area? Since we're going to be in the area for two weeks, we've already eliminated the Elkhorn CG - no sewer for the pull-thru sites, and the back-in sites are too close together.

Thanks,

Zerel
Working...
X