Kentucky Horse Park Campground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Horse Park Campground

Stayed here on 3-20 & 21-2011 nice place, sites were all blacktopped with some slope to them. Due to the early time of the year had limited hook-ups, electric only. Cost was $22.00 a night. Nice big bathroom/shower facilities.
    Last edited by JEBar; 03-27-2011, 01:40 AM.
    2008 GMC K3500 D/A Crew SRW Longbox
    B & W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38 FLSA
    2007 SunnyBrook 31BWKS Mor/Ryde PinBox (gone)
    TST 507 TPMS, Deviant Transmisson Lines
    Kennedy ECM Tuning & Twin Delux Lift Pump

We have overnighted there several times and left with the same impressions. I want to stay long enough to visit the horse park next door for a day or so.
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
    B&W Turnover
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate
    Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

KY Horse State Park

It looks like we might try this park when we are in the Lexinton, KY area in April. If we do, I'll post pictures of our site.
      Zerelda
      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
      Pensacola, FL
      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Best Laid Plans

I just found out that there is a horse show/competition three of the days we want to be at the state park, and apparently, there is no hope for a reservation since the woman in the office said that everyone makes their reservations a year in advance. I will try, however, to see what might be available, just on the off chance that something might be open. With that said, we are planning a two-week stay in the Lexington, KY area. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Zerelda
        Dan & Zerelda Hammer
        Pensacola, FL
        SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
        2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

KY Horse Park Pictures

I took two pictures from our site just before we left KY Horse Park yesterday. As you can see, there are lots of shade trees. As mentioned before, many of the sites have some slope to them. We put a board under the kitchen-side tires, and all was well.

The only negative thing I can say is that the sites (back-in) are at a 90-dgree angle to the road. So if you have a large rig, you'd better hope that there isn't a vehicle parked on the edge of the road. If you're lucky, the space across from you will be empty, making it easier to get into your site. But they are BUSY on the weekends. I don't think there was an empty space this past weekend.

The bathrooms & laundry rooms were very clean.

The Horse Park complex is just a bicycle ride away, through the fence. We spent about 4 1/2 hours over there, between the museum and the shows. We did not eat lunch at the complex (both restaurants are open for lunch only). More about our day there in an update, coming soon.

You can still call the park to make your reservations. They will ask if you want shade, partial shade, etc.

It's a beautiful park - a very nice place to stay.

Zerelda
          Attached Files
          Dan & Zerelda Hammer
          Pensacola, FL
          SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
          2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

We spent a couple nights there back in '09. It was a very nice campground. If I remember correctly our site was level and I didn't have to use anything at all to level. We had a nice lot the kids could go back and through a ball around and we also had the corn toss boards out. We spent a lot of time over at the museum and walking around the grounds. It was a pretty neat place and relatively close to shopping and such. Since we were at the end of trip we needed to do some restocking. Also a couple of RV places fairly close as well. This trip is when I bought our blue super tanker. I knew my family didn't know how to conserve water so when we arrived Friday afternoon, I ran to the RV store and bought one. Paid more than I should've but I needed it the next day. Lots of money in the surrounding area. Lots of nice big houses with lots of acreage and lots of white fences. Wonder where that all came from?:horse:
            Jim
            2009 Jayco 32BHDS
            1999 Chevrolet 1500 ECSB 4x4

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.

Comment

Glad you were able to get in. It looks like the trees have grown some since we were there last.
              2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
              2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
              B&W Turnover
              Andersen 3220 Ultimate
              Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
              97 27RKFS SB
              04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
              X