Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimtoo
    replied
    There are also some stripped down car bodies in several places around the ponds in the deeper areas that serve as shelters for the fish.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
    When we were there last fall I was wondering how deep it was then I saw a crane wading around in the middle of it.

Clif and Millie
    2009 F350 CC
    2013 Crossroads Cruiser

prior to pulling out this morning I asked a fellow who works there about the pond's depth .... he said the entire shore line around the pond drops off like a boat ramp and goes down to 10 or more feet .... as it gets out toward the middle of the pond it slopes back up to what he called a large flat table top that is only 2 - 3' deep

Jim

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    Not for crappie.
    They are always biting, you just have to find the depth they are at.
    Mid summer they are right on top.
    In winter they can be 30' deep.
    But they are still biting.
    I don't know for sure about the pond he took pictures of but the next one over is bigger. When we were there last fall I was wondering how deep it was then I saw a crane wading around in the middle of it.

The third picture shows my rig, first one on the left. White Ford sticking out.

Met Jim, Walt, and My for the first time and really had a good time. Frank was Frank. Nothing else to say.

Brand new member of the group and don't have a proper signature yet, I'll work on it.

Clif and Millie
    2009 F350 CC
    2013 Crossroads Cruiser

Leave a comment:

• bobbidonb
    replied
    Several couples from our camping club will be there in mid May, hope we don't get rained on too. Really looking forward to it, we always have a great time in Cajun Country. We will be stopping at several COE parks on our way back to Florida.

don

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    Not for crappie.
    They are always biting, you just have to find the depth they are at.
    Mid summer they are right on top.
    In winter they can be 30' deep.
    But they are still biting.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    some are fish cleaning stations and others are decks .... haven't seen many folks fishing, most of the conversation seems to indicate that most folks feel the water is still too cold

Jim

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    I like that deck going out over the water.
    That would be where I would spend my time.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    don't know that we can work it in but will most certainly bring it up .... right now its raining and thunder is rumbling all around, yep our affect on the weather in the areas we travel continues ..:sack:.. several of the folks will be pulling out after breakfast .... My is fixing sausage gravy and biscuits, we are scrambling a bunch of eggs and Maureen is making a coffee cake .... once breakfast is over we will probably begin the process of getting ready to pull out in the morning .... grilled hand cut (read that as very thick) pork chops are on the menu for later on today

Jim

Leave a comment:

• bobbidonb
    replied
    Jim, make sure you go to Myran's for crawfish or a po'boy (oyster is my choice).

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    we arrived at Poche's on 2-20-14 for a 4 day stay .... we've found the comments already made to be accurate .... we were parked beside Shirley and My (myvann) .... in the pictures below their camper is the really nice Carriage parked beside our Sunnybrook .... cost per night for 50 amp full hookup site $32 with a GoodSam discount .... most sites are back-ins but a few pull-through sites are available .... the CG used to be a catfish farm and all sites are on ponds/lakes which offer fishing .... rooms for group meetings are available .... we most definitely would be willing to stay here again

Jim
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bobbidonb
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    possible gathering site ?

Jim
    They have a rec center on the big catfish pond with grills, etc. It is 5 or 10 min N of I10. They have lots of rallys there, are friendly helpful folks and would be a great place for your gathering.

don

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by frank henn View Post
    It is pretty open here, and with the wind it could be rather chilly, it is 250 miles from Jackson but we will keep it on the bucket list. I hope to get to robers in the next couple of weeks
    10-4 .... seems to be worth keeping in mind

Jim

Leave a comment:

• frank henn
    replied
    It is pretty open here, and with the wind it could be rather chilly, it is 250 miles from Jackson but we will keep it on the bucket list. I hope to get to robers in the next couple of weeks

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    possible gathering site ?

Jim

Leave a comment:

• frank henn
    replied
    I would guess about five miles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X