• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    1-16-17 .... we overnighted here again on Jan 15-16, 2017 .... they were calling for fog and rain but it was clear and no rain .... as can be seen above, that's unusual .... we were on site 45 which accommodated our rig nicely and had a clear view of the southern sky .... $55 with KOA discount .... 50 amp, good utilities .... paved site .... some of the trees had traditional hanging moss and some other growth that I can't identify .... if necessary we would stay there again but are looking for an alternative due to pricing

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.

Leave a comment:

• bobbidonb
    Ellenton, Fl

• bobbidonb
    replied
    Best Poboy

Doc, if you are still in Henderson I heartily recommend Le Cafe in Breau Bridge for the best poboy( in my opinion anyway) in the area. We had shrimp poboys there last time thru and I will break my diet next time we are in the area to try their oyster poboy.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    info appreciated .... we will take a good look at it when we get to where we are making a schedule for our return trip

Leave a comment:

• frank henn

• frank henn
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    from all we could tell, that's a really nice CG .... we took a long look at that CG while planning next weeks trip and talked about it several times .... stopping there instead of Baton Rouge would add just over an hour and about 60 miles to that day's drive .... taking it from 4.5 to 5.5 hrs crosses a line for us that I'm really not comfortable ....
    There is a new on in Robert just east of Hammond on of those fancy places looks good..It is called Reunion Resort Good Sam 45 a night for the week end
    frank henn
    Last edited by frank henn; 01-12-2017, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee

• staggerlee
    replied
    Very neat, and clean.
    And the trees are trimmed back.
    Nice.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    from all we could tell, that's a really nice CG .... we took a long look at that CG while planning next weeks trip and talked about it several times .... stopping there instead of Batton Rouge would add just over an hour and about 60 miles to that day's drive .... taking it from 4.5 to 5.5 hrs crosses a line for us that I'm really not comfortable ....

Leave a comment:

• drfife
    Winslow Drag-Along

• drfife
    replied
    We are at Cajun Palms RV Resort in Henderson, Louisiana. It is a nice, full service private park. Right off I-10. 300+ sites. Wide concrete pads. Full hookups. Clear view southern sky. $35/night. $31.50 with Good Sams. Might be an alternative to Baton Rouge KOA.
    http://www.cajunpalms.com/

Site 43

Site 44

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    Maureen just changed our reservation to delay get there a day later .... they have some long sites .... as usual with KOA, this will be our most expensive site on our drive down ... $55 with our 10% KOA card discount ....

Leave a comment:

• norty
    I'd rather be camping

• norty
    replied
    Baton Rouge KOA

We had the same site as you are in...63. Got 62 this trip.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by norty View Post
    Have you camped at Heritage Rv Park before?

We stayed there last year for the first time and plan to go back again this March on a loop thru Georgia.

It is real convenient to our grands and great grand.
    we overnighted there last year .... forum link .... very easy to work with .... when Maureen called to make this year's reservation all they needed was her name and asked if we were happy with the site we were on last year ....

Leave a comment:

• norty
    I'd rather be camping

• norty
    replied
    Have you camped at Heritage Rv Park before?

We stayed there last year for the first time and plan to go back again this March on a loop thru Georgia.

It is real convenient to our grands and great grand.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    3-15-16 .... the weather is much nicer today at the Baton Rouge KOA than it was when we were here in December .... we are on a site (shown below) near where we were in December but the one tree in this part of the park is between us an a clear view of the southern sky .... consequently, for the first time on this trip our VuQube is back in use .... our current site is a prime example of why we carry more sewer hose than we usually need ..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    Administrator

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by frank henn View Post
    Remember Lakeside exit 28 Jim
    that was our first choice but when we called for a reservation, we were told that during the holiday period they only book longer stays and would not take one for a overnight stay

Leave a comment:

• frank henn

• frank henn
    replied
    Remember Lakeside exit 28 Jim

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif

• avvidclif
    replied
    That went past my threshold of pain. One reason I tend to avoid KOA's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X