Punkin Park Campground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punkin Park Campground

seeking info on Punkin Park Campground which it is located at Hammond, I-10 Exit 35 .... we are looking for an alternative to the Baton Rouge KOA which has pretty much priced itself out of our market .... we've looked at Lakeside but found its prices are in keeping with KOA and Yogi Bear which is considerably higher ..:censored:
    Last edited by JEBar; 01-16-2017, 01:45 AM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

We like Fairview Riverside State Park in Madisonville, La. it is not to far from Hammond. The new section by the river is more big rig friendly, older section has lots of pine trees to maneuver around.
    Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
    2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
    Previously:
    2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

suggestion appreciated .... looked it up and it seems to be a nice park .... we are looking for an overnight spot with full hookups ,,,, the closer to I-10 or I-12 the better .... the closer to Baton Rouge the better .... reason for the location is to balance our daily driving distances
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

That park is right off of the interstate. some traffic noise. seems to be half way busy every time I go by. The Camping World uses it to put people up the first night after the purchase. The New one in Robert is a real up scale park. One of our Louisiana Gulf Coast Campers is there right now. No report on it as of yet
        Frank and Janet Henn
        Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
        2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
        out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
          suggestion appreciated .... looked it up and it seems to be a nice park .... we are looking for an overnight spot with full hookups ,,,, the closer to I-10 or I-12 the better .... the closer to Baton Rouge the better .... reason for the location is to balance our daily driving distances
          We stayed at Frenchman's Wilderness Campground full hookups for a one night it worked for us. We even had our neighbor ask if we wanted fresh Deer meat. I think they didn't take credit card.
          A family-oriented campground tucked in the woods of the Atchafalaya Basin where a Stranger is a Friend we haven
          2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN Rear Air 4:10's
          2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System, disc brakes
          AIRSAFE Air Hitch
          Blog: bolltimers.com

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
            Ahh Jim, you are rushing through paradise
            Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
            2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
            Previously:
            2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bobbidonb View Post

Ahh Jim, you are rushing through paradise

no doubt true .... some old habits hang on .... one major change that does seem to be taking place is I seem to look at the day's drive a bit differently .... I still really enjoy being there but not so much getting there
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '16 Camaro RS

Comment

Working...
              X