Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan U.P. Presque Isle Campground - Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan U.P. Presque Isle Campground - Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park

Presque Isle Campground for four nights in the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park. Lake Superior is behind us and down about 200 ft from the bluff that the campground sits on. Each night there were only 3-5 tent campers here and 1 or 2 RV's in a campground with nearly 100 sites! This campground is rustic with no power, shower houses or modern bathrooms. The modern campground on the other side of the park was nearly full. No thanks we like it rustic and quite.

James Heap
    2012 F250 6.7 CC SB
    2013 Arctic Fox 25Y

We camped there a few times years ago. Take a walk through the virgin hemlock forest, magnificent.
    DZWISS
    Ford 2011 F350 6.7 PSD, Titan 50 Gal. fuel tank
    2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27 FB
    Cavco Park Model in AZ

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Heap64 View Post
      This campground is rustic with no power, shower houses or modern bathrooms.

you have my admiration .... years ago, I felt much the same way .... for me/us those days are long gone

Jim
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

With 90 miles of hiking trails we could go back several years! We only touched the surface of this great park. Next trip will need to be a few weeks later to see more color.
        James Heap
        2012 F250 6.7 CC SB
        2013 Arctic Fox 25Y

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
          you have my admiration .... years ago, I felt much the same way .... for me/us those days are long gone

Jim
          There is also a modern campground called Union Bay which is at the other end of Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
          Last edited by closurdo; 10-02-2014, 03:24 PM.
          Larry & Debbie Closurdo
          Skye the German Shepherd
          2003 Silverado 2500hd Duramax

1998 Sunnybrook 26 cks

Visit My Site

Comment

there we would go .... I can't wait for Maureen to get back and see the picture of Bakley .... she's going to really like it ..

Jim
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

What a gorgeous picture of my friend Barkley. This is one that I would frame and put in the living room! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                there we would go .... I can't wait for Maureen to get back and see the picture of Bakley .... she's going to really like it ..

Jim
                A modern campground in Michigan State Parks means that you get electricity, no water and no sewer.
                sigpic2012 Ford F350,
                Lariat Crew Cab,
                6.7 Powerstroke,
                2014 Heartland Big Country 2950RK
                Hensley BD3 5th wheel hitch
                2002 SunnyBrook 27FKS (sold)
                Hensley Arrow (traded in)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeR View Post
                  A modern campground in Michigan State Parks means that you get electricity, no water and no sewer.
                  sounds like South Dakota .... in the SD area there is a thread on Lake Poinsett State Park .... electric only .... we used to spend a couple of weeks a year out there and really enjoyed it

Jim
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                  X