Pla-Mor Campground, Winona, Mn.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pla-Mor Campground, Winona, Mn.

we have stayed at the Pla-Mor Campground near Winona, Minnesota several times over the last few years ... it looks much better in pictures shown in the link below than it does in person ...

utilities water/sewer/electric (20/30/50 amp) are all good ... as best I remember our site in July cost us about $35 a night ... it should be noted that this CG was flooded on August 19, 2007, I do not know its current condition .... staff friendly enough ... does have WIFI, and a few pull through sites with a clear view of the southern sky ... can recommend it as a stop-over park or for longer stays if you have a reason to be in that are .... our next projected time there will be in mid-May '08 for a couple weeks of walleye fishing on the Mississippi River

Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JEBar; 03-24-2014, 11:09 PM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Winona camping

Thanks for the pics on the Winona campground. I was not aware there were any full hook-up campgrounds in that area. The area did get a bit "soggy" in August (and according to news tonight they haven't improved much since then) but I'm betting the Walleye made it through in good shape.
    Ken

Comment

Originally posted by calliopeguy View Post
      Thanks for the pics on the Winona campground. I was not aware there were any full hook-up campgrounds in that area. The area did get a bit "soggy" in August (and according to news tonight they haven't improved much since then) but I'm betting the Walleye made it through in good shape.
      Ken

sure hope they did ... we have relatives in that area and will try to remember to ask them to check to see if/when PlaMor reopens

Jim
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Bike Path in Winona

There is also a bike path around the lake in Winona. We found out about it when we stopped at the visitor's center there. We didn't get to ride on it though because we didn't have our bikes with us last summer. Winona is a pretty little city. Does anyone know if they have the steamship museum open again? It was closed last year when we were there.
        Zerelda
        Dan & Zerelda Hammer
        Pensacola, FL
        SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
        2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

update

on pages 30,31,32 & 53 the June/July issue of GoodSam's "Highways" magazine has a good article on this area of Minnesota which includes Pla-Mor CG

Jim
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

update

we are once again parked on the same site shown in the last picture in the opening post in this thread .... as can be seen, the camper remains the same but the truck has changed .... the third picture shows a new play area that has been added since the last time we were here .... the campers shown in picture four are here on a long term basis, as I remember, they were here last time as well .... next couple of pictures, an Excel Club is having a gathering here and we were parked right in the middle of them .... the last picture does a pretty good job of showing just how wet it is in our end of the CG .... for this stay we are paying $42.50 per night .... it is under new ownership and is one of the very few full service facilities in this area

Jim

additional note on edit : the part of the CG where our site is located is down in a bowl which limits cell phone signal strength (my phone is showing 1 bar) .... it also really slows down our MIFI connection .... the now offer WIFI at no additional charge which seems to work pretty well
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JEBar; 06-21-2013, 08:17 PM.
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Is it me, or is that Coachman in 4th photo sitting cockeyed?
              Lee
              Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
              Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
              04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
              07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
              16K Pullrite Super Slide
              2006 Excel 30RSO
              All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

actually, its sitting pretty level .... the ground under it has a pretty good downward slope

Jim
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
                  Is it me, or is that Coachman in 4th photo sitting cockeyed?
                  Lee
                  I guess it is you then! LOL
                  2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                  06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                  16K DrawTite, LineX
                  His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                  Elle and BJ

In the past:
                  97 27RKFS SB
                  04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
                    I guess it is you then! LOL
                    About a half a bubble off?
                    Clayton & Gayle
                    2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
                    2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
                    Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

Wow, $42.50 for a mudhole!! Not what I'd want to pay, but if there's nothing else close, a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

Joe
                      Joe and Debbie Gilbert
                      On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
                      Catch me if you can!!

Comment

as this is being typed, it is absolutely pouring outside .... its dark out so I can't see just how much is pooling up .... we are due to pull out and head west first thing in the morning and this time, I won't be sad to do so .... as noted, if you want 50 amp/full hookups, its about the only game in town

Jim
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

6-21-14 .... we are back to Pla-Mor for two nights .... $87 for the 2 nights, no discounts available that I'm aware of .... considerable work being done on the half of the CG by the Mississippi .... nothing much new on the side where we camp

Jim
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

6-22-14 .... additional comments .... today Maureen tested the CG water .... in the area of dissolved solids, it scored 200 which is on the line between acceptable and marginally acceptable .... on the hardness test it scored 250 which is considered to be very hard water .... they have erected a new kids play area which seems to be well received by the kids we have seen using it .... we have learned that the area down next to the river no longer belongs to the owners of Pla-Mor .... it is being developed for long term/permanent occupancy

Jim
                            Attached Files
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                            X