Jay Henges Shooting Range & Outdoor Education Center --- High Ridge, MO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Henges Shooting Range & Outdoor Education Center --- High Ridge, MO

North Carolina has nothing to compare to Jay Henges ..... we have enjoyed visiting there for many years and on our summer trips to and from our home to South Dakota we usually schedule a day or two so we can spend time there .... as can be seen in their link, while their Trap Ranges and other shotgun/archery areas are open, their rifle/pistol ranges is closed for maintenance .... unfortunately, it now appears that it won't be up and running any time soon .... damage to the range's bullet trap has proven to be much more expensive than anticipated .... they now anticipate it will take at least $3 million to make the repairs .... where that much money will come from and how long it will take is very much open to question .... charges to use the range are extremely reasonable .... $3 per hour on the rifle/pistol range, they provide the targets .... $3 to fire a 25 skeet round of Trap .... Missouri is blessed to have several such parks
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

You might want to consider this: https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/recreat...s/default.aspx
    Campsites on location and everything else you could want in the line of shooting!
    My & Shirley
    2011 CL36XTRMS
    2015 SIERRA 3500 DENALI HD

Comment

info appreciated, I didn't know Illinois also has shooting parks .... hopefully when we get to Estelline things will settle down and I do some research on it
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Talk about a site that says nothing, WSRC.com. It was looking interesting but nothng on rifle and pistol shooting, ranges & distances. A map that shows a bunch of stuff but no info. It was still looking decent until I saw the question, "How do I transport my firearm legally". I couldn't find a straight answer. Something about being cased??? FOID or whatever that is??? City ordinance preempts state law if they have a anti gun ordinance. Sounds like no place to be for me. May I never grace their state.

Jay Henges sounds great, cheap enough for skeet and trap, around here it's $5-6 and up.
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
        2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
        X