Billings, MT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billings, MT

We left Buffalo, WY on the morning of August 7th to drive the 164 miles to Billings, MT. We pulled into the Yellowstone River RV park. It is a beautiful park. I've included shots of it. The name is somewhat of a misnomer because you cannot see the river from the park. They have a path to walk down to the river, but it is only for "high" river times.

We had planned to only spend two nights here which would be Thursday and Friday nights, leaving on Saturday morning. Fate intervened however. We were getting ready to pull out Saturday morning when Debbie comes out of the trailer to inform me that the big slide of our three slide trailer is not coming in. I go over and try to push it in while she hits the button, but it is too big and is not moving. I went over to the office to see if they knew of a mobile rv repair person. They gave me three names and numbers. Now understand that this is Saturday morning so how many of the three names do you think were answering their phones and working on this day? NONE is right. I left messages with all three and then went back to the office and extended our stay for another few days.

You know the saying that when life deals you lemons, make lemonade? That's what we did. Since we were in town for a while longer, we found out that Bill Engvall was in town that night and that Sugarland was in town Sunday night. So we made both concerts and had a blast.

Debbie was on the phone with KZ ( our trailer manufacturer) Monday morning and one of the mobile rv guys came by that morning also and let us know what we needed. KZ overnighted the slide motor. It arrived at the park Tuesday morning by 10:00 a.m. The mobile rv guy came at noon to install it. By 1:45, we were back in business. Rather than start traveling late in the day, we got everything ready and headed out Wednesday morning.

Billings is a nice place and they have all the conveniences of a big city, ie Costco, Walmart, Sam's, and others.

We traveled up to Great Falls, MT and stayed one night. This was the only aberrance to our stay at least two days in each place. We were trying to get to Glacier National Park so we only stayed one night at Dick's RV park. It is a huge park with about 75 to 80% permanent residents. We spent our one night and then headed on to the Glacier area.

The Glacier NP experience will be my next post.

Joezilla
    Attached Files
    Joe and Debbie Gilbert
    On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
    Catch me if you can!!
Working...
X