Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Stay in Yellowstone.

Going to Yellowstone in 08.

Would like a nice park with full hookups. We stayed at jbar ranch in SD and it was fabulous, if there are similar parks in Yellowstone please advise.

Thanks!

Originally posted by FourWindsColorado View Post
    Going to Yellowstone in 08.

Would like a nice park with full hookups. We stayed at jbar ranch in SD and it was fabulous, if there are similar parks in Yellowstone please advise.

Thanks!
    We always stay at Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, Montana. One fine park.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Judy and Joel,=Jfrow2

Comment

Jfrow2 I am S M I L I N G!

Thanks for helping a stranger!

Comment

If you like fishing, Yellowstone Lake is filled with trout. You can fish from the shore or rent a boat. There are cutthroat and golden (I believe.) The first stay in the first 20' of water, the latter are below that.

There is a nice NPS campground at the lake, next to the marina and store. It was quite nice, but not an upscale CG.

Don't forget to go to Cody WY to see the Cody Museum. It is fantastic, on par with Smithsonian museums.
        Thanks, from Rich, Candee, Lee and Sky
        '07 Ford Excursion Limited, 5.4 L. 3-valve, 6 sp. Auto 6R75, HD tow pkg., Prodigy, Mckesh
        '97 Sunnybrook 26FK that came w/Hensley Arrow

sigpic

Comment

Fishing Bridge RV Park in Yellowstone NP is a great place to stay. It is right in the middle of all the sights. Yellowstone is a VERY big place. If you camp outside of the park, you will be spending a lot more hours driving around than you should to see all the highlights. The campground is crowded, the spaces are relatively close together, but it does not matter. You will not be spending too much time in the CG anyway. If you go there though, you will need reservations.

Comment

Thanks for the info.!

Do you run into many bears?

Comment

I don't know what you camp in, but Fishing Bridge is the ONLY full hookup campground inside Yellowstone, and the requirement is for strictly hard-sided campers only. The reason for this is that there are many animals, including bears in the area. We didn't see any bears at all this summer when we were there, but we saw buffalo, elk, and coyotes right in the campground. They allow you to cook outside, but you must either tend to your grill all the time it is outside, or take it in when you have completed grilling, even while still hot. There also are no tables in the camp sites. Sites are very tight, but as previously stated, you shouldn't plan on staying at the site very much anyway.

If you choose to camp outside of the park, I'd suggest a campground in West Yellowstone, as they are closer to the action than any other out-of-park campground. Apparently there are several good campgrounds there, but I have no knowledge of any of them.

Comment

We were in Colter Bay CG this last Aug/Sept, and really enjoyed it. $49/night, full hookups/30 & 50 amp. Not real, real close to your neighbors. $8 off/night with Golden Age/Eagle. Easy drive to Yellowstone s entrance, 40 miles to Jackson for the night life.
                Was in Flagg Ranch 2 years ago, would not go back after staying at Colter Bay. We were a party of 3 units, and are planning to return to same CG next fall. Bears aplenty, with moose/elk/deer to photograph. Yeah, no leaving ANYTHING outside to attract a bear, but not to hard to live with the rules. NO CAMPFIRES, tho. Easy walk to Jackson Lake.
                '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                Livin to go campin
                In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

We stayed in Lionshead RV Resort in West Yellowstone, MT last May. They have a nice park with all the hookups including wifi and nice showers and large laundry. They are or used to be a PPA CG and the price was right at approx. $18 I think. It is not far from the west entrance to the park. Very friendly work campers attending the desk and facilities. We had a great time and wish we could have stayed longer.
                  2000 SB 30FK
                  02 2500HD Chevy 6.0 Ext. cab
                  Prodigy Brake Controller
                  Equal-i-zer Hitch

Comment

Another vote for Fishing Bridge. It's a parking lot but it will save you some serious driving time. We were rarely there. If you have pets, make SURE you leash them and keep them under constant supervision. 2 weeks before our arrival, a coyote walked off with a small dog that WAS on a leash. The owners with inside the camper. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                    X