Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvan Lake Park CG - Hopewell Junction, NY

Here's the link:

Dutchess County Campground/Camping Poughkeepsie/Hudson Valley/New York Fishing

We were really busy the two weeks we were camped here, so the fact that it's a bare-bones campground didn't bother us.

The sites are grass, and not terribly level, but not objectionable at first. We had one of the most level for the transients. The in site 18 next to us, probably had the most level. It wasn't terrible, but as the week wore on, and we had some rain, the rig started "sinking," leaving us more unlevel as the time went by.

We had full hook-up (E/W/S), and cable (free) - 50 amp, and we had a wooded area behind us, so no one was backed up to our rig.

There is a lake for canoeing, kayaking, and swimming, and we spent two hours on the lake one night.

There is a really small playground down by the lake.

The camping area at the bottom of the hill, by the lake, is for tents & pop-ups that don't need hook-ups. Other rigs camp at the top of the hill, just a very short hill - not a bad pull. Dan didn't complain, so it couldn't have been a hard pull.

The shower in the ladies area was put in fairly recently. The floor is built up with vinyl tile on it, and the shower is one of those one-piece acrylic things. It was nice and clean. The toilet area was another story. The concrete floor was wet both times I stepped in there. It looks like they do their best to keep it clean, and the toilets were clean, but I wouldn't walk in there in bare feet.

The washer & dryer were both clean in a room off the side of the bath house.

The campground was filled with mostly seasonals, and we had our first run-in with a seasonal camper. Dan walked across an empty site two down from hers to let the dogs follow after a squirrel that had run up a tree. She let him know in no uncertain terms that the seasonals pay for these sites, and that he shouldn't be walking the dogs across them. Since the dogs weren't doing their busines on the site, he told her to mind her own business. She got all huffy, and so he told her to call the owner. We never heard anything from him. She was busy watching our comings & goings all week. I think she just needed to get a life. Overall, we can't complain. While most seasonals have not been overly friendly, like "weekend" campers, they haven't gone out of their way to make us feel unwelcomed.

There's really no place to walk, except around the circle, and down the hill and back. That's usually important for us when we're staying somewhere for two weeks.

It's another campground that's just so-so, nothing to write home about. But almost everything we had planned on doing was only 30 minutes away, and there were two grocery stores within three miles or so from the campground, one in each direction.

Make sure you follow the directions to the campground that are on the website. That way, you'll make sure you don't run into trouble with low utitlity lines or trees.

It wasn't a terrible campground, but I can't imagine that we would go out of our way to camp here again.

We did have a cute little vistor on several occasions though, and I finally got a picture of him.

Zerelda
    Attached Files
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500
Working...
X