Fort Ticonderoga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Ticonderoga

Fort Ticonderoga dates from pre French and Indian War days .... it is a marvel to see and its history is most intriguing .... if you are in the area, a tour is time well spent

Jim
    Attached Files
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

much of the fighting actually took place outside of the fort ... the inside parade grounds is really pretty small .... did I mention that place has cannons everywhere

Jim
    Attached Files
    Jim
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
      much of the fighting actually took place outside of the fort ... the inside parade grounds is really pretty small .... did I mention that place has cannons everywhere

Jim
      nice pics !!!! I must have walked by the fort 200 times in my life and never went in. this year we will check it out.

Comment

for us, it is one of those places we would most certainly go back to visit again ... very impressive to say the least

Jim
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Just happened to see this thread, we're planning on stopping there on our NE trip this fall, how long did you spend there, is 2 days enough, or can you see it all in one?
          Bob Hill
          2007 2941DS Forester

Comment

we were happy with 1 full day .... they do have some really nice presentations .... another famous fort in that general area is Ft William Henry
            Last edited by JEBar; 05-28-2018, 01:04 AM.
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Thanks, maybe we'll take the 2nd day and run down to William Henry.
              Bob Hill
              2007 2941DS Forester

Comment

This area has so much history and beautiful scenery; I recommend a visit there to everyone. We were there in the fall.

Comment

We loved our trip to Fort Ticonderoga! The day we were there, a re-enactment was going on, and we felt like extras in a movie shoot. The house was under restoration, so we didn't get to go inside the house, but it was a great day outing. I'd love to go back and see what they did with the house.
                  Z
                  Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                  Pensacola, FL
                  SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                  2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Working...
                  X