Lake George RV Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake George RV Park

I must say this is the most organized and well maintained place I have been to date. Premier RV Resort: The One and Only Lake George RV Park in the Adirondack Mountains!
    Probably more of a draw for those with kids, but really there is so much to do, I think anyone would be satisfied. I was a little afraid of the massiveness of the place and thinking it would be a zoo, but really it was not. It is a well oiled machine for handing check ins and outs. Seems like there are people coming in all the time. The place is so large that it has mirror operations on each side. Shows each night (and they were darn good). A trolley for taking you around and to downtown. Very well maintained and the staff is extremely nice. Really no negatives, other then the sites are a little tighter then I would prefer.
    Rob and the family
    2007 Sunset Creek 269BH
    1996 Ram 1500 5.9L

Too Expensive

This looks like a beautiful park, but $78/night is just outlandishly expensive - robbery.

We have a place to stay for free for a few days, but there's so much to do in this area that we were hoping for a decent place to camp for another week that wouldn't break the bank.

Zerelda
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Lake George RV Park *used* to be my favorite park of all time but some recent changes really put a damper on my enjoyment of the park. I've been going to LGRVP for 30 years and it was great because it kept getting better. It is extremely clean, the shows are outstanding, and although it is costly, there is some value to it. So what changed for me?

They made 2 changes that didn't sit well with me, first and foremost is their golf cart policy. I am not anti-Golf cart, but I felt so safe letting my kids ride their bikes before they allowed golf carts. During my last trip, the drinking and driving on carts was completely out of control. In addition, the number of underage operators was large as well. I did complain, but nothing happened, they didn't even send anyone out to check on the drunk driving and underage operation.

The second change has to do with price. Their price used to be for a family of 4, but last trip was 2 plus extra ($8.00) for each kid making the trip very expensive for us.

Yes, the park is that good that even at the high price I might go back, but their golf cart policy really put a damper on us going back.
      -- Karl

Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 BHLT pulled by the mighty 2003 F250 Crew Cab Lariat FX4 6.0 Turbo Diesel

Comment

Golf Carts

Yes they have taken over many campgrounds, this afternoon the invasion of the Golf Carts took place here at Sun N Fun in Sarasota, this is a highly rated campground Resort and on the weekends starting in April the place is invaded with toyhauler's with carts, trucks with golf carts, trucks-toyhaulers-trailers with golf carts. You got my point! Loud radio's, loud horns. Fortunately the campground staff try to keep it all under control.
        We stay on our campsite, avoid the pool and other facilities until Sunday afternoon when they all begin to leave.
        Westwind
        Rhode Island
        2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
        2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
        Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
        2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
        2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
        Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
        sigpic

Comment

Just a Thought

We have seen quiet a few campgrounds that were once privately owned snatched up by these large corporations, turning them into "membership parks." I wonder if this is one thing that's driving up prices - good deal for members, maybe, but expensive for other transient campers.

Just wondering...

Zerelda
          Dan & Zerelda Hammer
          Pensacola, FL
          SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
          2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

the last time we stayed in that area we camped at King Phillip's Campground .... comments were posted in this thread .... from looking at their site, their rates have gone up but still aren't totally out of line for a resort area .... as I remember, some of their sites were really small, the first one they assigned us proved to be impossible for us to get our rig into, so they moved us to the one shown in the thread

Jim
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

We've been to King Phllip's too and really enjoyed it even though it rained the entire weekend.
              sigpic
              Jon & Marilyn - New Fairfield, CT
              2008 R-Vision TrailLite 8310S
              2003 GMC Envoy SLT
              Hensley Arrow / TruControl / McKesh Mirrors

Comment

Working...
              X