No announcement yet.

Raleigh Oaks RV Resort and Cabins ... Four Oaks, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-7-2015 .... we visited this CG earlier today .... the repairs and upgrades following a major storm and it being sold to new owners are remarkable .... a second pool has been added along with serious upgrades of the sites, store, office and general facilities .... as noted, it is located at NC I-95 exit 90 .... its site prices are in keeping with others in the area, with Goodsam discount are better than some .... its location is a good for a stopover or extended stay
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

3-21-15 .... our camping club stayed here over the weekend of March 20-22, 2015 .... the tornado that went through this area really cleared the trees ... the owners have put a great deal of money into the park and it really shows ... its a GoodSam park .... water/sewer/electric all very good we do plan to camp here again in November and December
      Attached Files
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

our camping club camped at Raleigh Oaks over the weekend of Nov 6-8, 2015 .... its been raining and some water was standing on most sites .... they continue to cut large trees, which is fine with me .... they are still clearly pouring money into the park .... their club meeting room is really nice .... pictures below are of the CG and the ones at night show how well the place is lighted
        Attached Files
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Changes

Definitely some major changes since we stayed there. I'm trying to remember when our last visit was and it had to be around the 2008 timeframe. For some reason we are never ready to stop when we reach that spot. It's too far going down and too soon coming home.
          I must say the changes are dramatic - talk about spending money! They have definitely done that and it's something you don't normally see these days. It's more like owners do patch up jobs with limited funds, but these improvements look like they were well thought out.
          Definitely will be on my list of places to stay should we need a spot in that area.
          Westwind
          Rhode Island
          2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
          2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
          Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
          2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
          2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
          Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
          sigpic

Comment

3 - 4 years ago a tornado hit the park really hard .... since then it has changed hands and has undergone a major renovation/upgrade .... with it being located just off of I-95 and having very easy on/off access, it does a major stop-over business
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Stop Over

That's what we used it for and I really liked it, at the time I think it was a Holiday Park and reasonable - very easy to get into and out of and a gas station right before I-95 which was easy to get into with the trailer in tow. We even accidently met up with Florida camping friends on the way home to Massachusetts. We camped next to them on Jan/Feb. the East coast of Florida and it was April.
              Bill has passed but Sherry still goes to Florida in their Diesel pusher, her son drives her down after Thanksgiving and home during school vacation in April.
              Westwind
              Rhode Island
              2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
              2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
              Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
              2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
              2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
              Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X