Taps RV Park - Asheville, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taps RV Park - Asheville, NC

We camped at a small campground in Asheville, right off the Interstate, just 10 minutes from the gate of the Biltmore. Except for the day we drove to Chimney Rock, we never drove more than 15 minutes to get anywhere we wanted to go. The mall is very close by (if that's important to you), and a nice grocery store is just a mile down the road. Bill, the owner of Taps RV Park, was just as nice as could be.

We had 50-amp service & full hook-up. Gravel road & sites.

They have laundry facilities, very clean (pay in the office in advance), and a bath house that is clean.

It served our purposes for the time we were there since we were rarely home.

Negatives -

short & narrow sites. Unless you had one of the spots around the outside, there really wasn't anywhere to sit outdoors.

You park your vehicle in front of your rig (see picture), which occasionally makes it difficult for people coming & going because the roads are a little narrow too (one way, though).

The campground is easy to miss unless you're looking for it. It's between the bank and the gas station, across from the Arby's. There are large evergreen trees at the entrance, so you have to be a little extra careful entering.

Follow the directions on the website! Our GPS took us there, but the owner said that sometimes it takes people to places they'd rather not get their rigs into.

I don't remember the exact cost, but my goal is to keep our sites to an average of $25/day. Since we camp two weeks at most places, we get the weekly rate. Or sometimes, since we're "old," we get the senior price, such as when we're camping at COE parks. So I try to balance the cost of the campground and the cost of fuel. Sometimes, location is everything.

Zerelda
    Attached Files
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

WiFi

I forgot to add that the park had WiFi. We didn't use it because we have our own. I think Dan used it a little though to watch some history videos.
    Zerelda
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

RVDUO - looks like the older Florida RV Parks, narrow roads and the need to park the truck across the front of the lot and hope the people near you are there longer then you. Miss out on some good places if you let that stop you from stopping!
      Westwind
      Rhode Island
      2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
      2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
      Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
      2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
      2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
      Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
      sigpic

Comment

Taps RV Park .... it is in a part of Asheville that I haven't been through in many years .... will have to look it up

Jim
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
        X