Lakewood RV Resort - Flat Rock, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood RV Resort - Flat Rock, NC

We stayed for two weeks at the Lakewood RV Resort -a place for 55+. They have pull-through and back-in sites - gravel. The roads are paved though.

Full hook-up - 50 amp

People in the office were nice.

They have a nice sized club house where people play cards, etc.

Nice bath house and laundry room.

The only two negative things we can say is that that first, the exit is on a hill with a curve on the right. They do have a large mirror out, but as we all know, it's hard to pull out from a dead stop on a hill. We solved that problem by my going ahead to watch the road, and gave Dan the all clear to pull out.
    Next, the exit lane is very narrow. You can even see where a lot of people have hit curb by the sign when pulling out. I guess there is one other minor thing --- since the park is so small, I thought it would be nice to use the trailer park area for walking, but they frown upon the RVer's walking or driving through their area.

Nice place - close to the things we wanted to do/see, so the extra cost balanced out the fuel bill. The campground accepts a variety of memberships, so it's best to speak to someone in the office about the cost of a site there.

Z
    Attached Files
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

a while back while we were in Hominy Valley a fellow asked me about Lakewood .... I told him the only Lakewood I knew of is in Myrtle Beach .... info appreciated .... I checked their site and couldn't find any mention of site rates
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Jim, last coiple a reviewers on rvparkreview paid $41/nite

don
      Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
      2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
      Previously: