Mount Pisgah Campground - Blue Ridge Parkway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Pisgah Campground - Blue Ridge Parkway

Mount Pisgah Campground is perched in the rolling mountains of western North Carolina along the famous Blue Ridge Parkway.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a scenic byway that follows the high crests of the central and southern Appalachians for 469 miles from Shenandoah National Park in Virginia to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina.

At an elevation of 4,980 feet, Mount Pisgah offers moderate to cool temperatures during camping seasons.

This campground had several larger sites.

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
    35.40278, -82.75667

There are no electricity, water or sewer hookups
    Horses are not permitted
    Black bears frequent the area; visitors must follow food storage regulations
    Firewood from outside the area is strictly prohibited due to the potential for invasive insects
    Some campsites at this facility are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway:
    We traveled in mid September during what I would say is a very quite time on the parkway. We had little traffic and we pulled our 30' Arctic Fox the whole 469 miles of the parkway. We had no issues with the numerous arched tunnels, on a few lower ones I hugged or slightly went over the center line. A taller fifth-wheel would probably have to cross the center line a bit one. Most of the tunnels are short enough you can see if there is on coming traffic. There are some that are curved that you can't. There is a total of ~24 tunnels on the whole route.

Here is a complete list of the tunnels and their heights.

Tunnel Clearances - Blue Ridge Parkway
    Last edited by Heap64; 11-01-2015, 01:13 PM.
    James Heap
    2012 F250 6.7 CC SB
    2013 Arctic Fox 25Y

well done, very well don .... we haven't been on the Parkway in several years, this has me considering making that happen ..
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
    X