Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norty
    replied
    I agree, negotiating those tunnels in the middle would be a strong reason for me to not travel in a large rig. I have met a few and it is scary in a tunnel with no where to go.

Leave a comment:

• Heap64
    replied
    I think that is pretty true for most of the campgrounds right on the parkway. ~30-32' travel trailers or smaller 5th wheels. Anything larger probably would be better off to find a site off the parkway, then explore the parkway without your camper.

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    We drove thru there last year and found it a pretty area. The cg would be rather hard to negotiate in a rig much larger than yours.

Leave a comment:

• Heap64
    started a topic Doughton Park - Blue Ridge Parkway MP 239

Doughton Park - Blue Ridge Parkway MP 239

There are 110 tent and 25 RV sites. Campsites provide campers with tables, campfire rings and grills. The site also offers modern conveniences like flush toilets, drinking water and a dump station.

Doughton Park is a landscape of open meadows and pioneer cabins, a place to view wildlife and get a feel for the lives of those who lived here long ago. Originally known as the Bluffs, this area came by its present name in honor of Congressman Robert L. Doughton, a long-time advocate and supporter of the Parkway. Doughton Park is one of the best places along the motor road to view white-tailed deer, raccoons, red and grey foxes, and bobcats, as well as spectacular shows of flame azalea and rhododendron in the late spring.

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
    36.42889, -81.15444

It was getting late and starting to rain when we pulled into Doughton Park Campground to find a place to sleep for the night so we didn't really explore the area.

Working...
X