the following is a link to NC's State Park system

Jim
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

I've stayed at Falls Lake campgrounds, Rolling View and Holly Point. Falls Lake is east of Durham, just north of Raleigh. (Holly Point CG is about 8 miles from my house!).

Holly Point is the better campground, but it is closed during the winter. It is open only to registered campers. There are two swim beaches and one boat ramp. Most sites have water and electricity, but no sewer. There is a central dump station. There are some privitive sites closer to the water.

Rolling View is open to daytime visitors, with picnic shelters, two swim beaches, boat ramp, etc. The campground area is separate from the daily vistor areas. Two of the three loops have water and electric, no sewer but central dump station. The third loop is primitive.

They now have an online reservation system, but please note there is a $3/night surcharge for the online reservation system. Also note that the gates close for the night, typically close to sunset. They reopen at 8:00am in the morning. Not all sections or loops are open during slow season. More information for Falls Lake campsites is here.
    2009 KZ MXT20 Toyhauler (Thanks Camptown RV)
    2007.0 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison:applause:
    And all the model airplanes I can haul!
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X