Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    when they come through, it would be nice if the weather here is still such that they'd want to take a swim .... they seem to have expanded the park and the new pool is a good ways from the old one

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    Do you mean that the snowbirds can't swim in the first pool? LOL

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    we camped here with our club over the weekend of Aug 28-30 .... it appeared that most of the sites were occupied but they did have openings .... back when it was the Wade KOA, we considered it to be the second best KOA we have ever visited .... since it has been purchased, the new owners have continued to improve it .... among their many improvements is the addition of a second swimming pool .... for snowbirds passing through, it is conveniently located right beside I-95 .... their meeting room (shown below) is very comfortable and has good appliances
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    1-7-15 .... earlier today we stopped by the Fayetteville RV Resort & Cottages .... NC Exit 61 on I-95 .... there have been many upgrades and general improvements to this CG since we last stayed here .... its a bit expensive for our taste, $46 for 50 amp full hookups .... they do honor a GoodSam 10% discount .... very handy to I-95, easy off/on .... for folks traveling as a stopover park or folks who are going to be in the area a while it would be worth considering .... pictures below show their very nice lounge area .... sites are large and level .... power/water/sewer reported to be good
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• eldermike
    replied
    That's a neat picture with the little truck.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    the Wade KOA has been sold .... it has been upgraded and is now the Fayetteville RV Resort .... we haven't been there since the transition .... we would appreciate comments/observations from any of our folks who have

Jim

Leave a comment:

• JerzeyJoe
    replied
    Have been there several times and agree 100%..... met Jim and Maureen there a couple of times which made the stop even more enjoyable....

Joe

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    I most certainly agree with the positive comments about the Wade KOA ... we have stayed there several times and it is one of the nicest KOA's we have visited .... easy on/of the interstate .... they have really spent some money fixing the place up in the last few years

Jim

Leave a comment:

• TireHobby
    started a topic Fayetteville RV Resort & Cottages

Fayetteville RV Resort & Cottages

thread edited 1-7-15 to reflect that the Wade KOA is now the Fayetteville RV Resort & Cottages

The KOA campground near Fayetteville, NC is actually out on US-301 in Wade, NC. But, it is an easy transit to Fayetteville or the large U.S. Army base a Fort Bragg.

We stay at this campground often as I have family in the area. In the picture below my brother has parked his ugly little fishing truck under my hitch. While we were off golfing the gals got a lot of comments. As you can see in the picture our site is very large and all grass. Very level making for an easy set-up.

http://www.koa.com/where/nc/33123/president.htm
    http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=15409

TireHobby
    Last edited by JEBar; 01-08-2015, 02:30 AM.
Working...
X