Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    we arrived at the Statesville KOA on 2/27/13 and plan to leave on 3/2/13 .... comments above as to the general condition of the CG hasn't changed .... Norty's observation that is offers a clear view of the southern sky is true ..:salute:.. when you say it is close to I-85, IT IS VERY CLOSE TO I-85 (picture 1) .... it has been very wet in this area and the area around our site is very soft .... this is only the second KOA we've visited in several years where they do not lead you to your site .... that said, the map you are issued at the office is very easy to follow .... our reason for being here is one of our sons has moved his family to this area and we are here visiting .... with this being the case, I feel certain we will be back from time to time .... I'd rate the water pressure as fair, power & sewer hookups as being good .... the additional pictures were taken at random

Jim
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 270win
    replied
    We just stayed at the Statesville KOA last night. Got there at 12:30am and gone by 8am. It served the purpose but I'd have a hard time seeing it as a destination. The lady in the office was nice but the facility was outdated well worn. We went to that CW this morning...not the best experience. BTW- we were in the motor home this time. The site we were in was 30amp only but that was okay for a sleep only stop.

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    Yes, we have been here many times. We arrived this afternoon. Will be here till Sunday. River Vista is a great destination park.

Leave a comment:

• ldl
    replied
    Norty you will enjoy River Vista. It is a clean well maintained park close to a lot of things. I can't rem but I think you said you had been there before.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by norty View Post
    Fo Jim, Clear view of southern sky.

thank your for including that most important bit of information ..

Jim

Leave a comment:

• norty
    started a topic KOA/ Statesville

KOA/ Statesville

We planned to spend 1 night here as it was a convenient overnight stop on our trip and it is close to a CW, where I needed a new Fridge vent, That's another thread.

Typical KOA. Close to the I-77 exit 149. As with many KOA's the worn condition does not affect the price of $40.00 for non members. We got a full hook up site with cable. After 6 hrs it was a relief to stop and rest and that is why it is still here I guess. Low water pressure, good voltage and fairly clean. Some permanent rigs but not excessive. Fo Jim, Clear view of southern sky.

We are leaving here in a few minutes for River Vista near Dillard, Ga. about a 3 hr pull.
    Last edited by norty; 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM.
Working...
X