Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus, OH (Galloway) - Alton RV Park

Columbus, OH – Alton RV Park (Galloway)

The campground was not in our GPS, but the address (using Galloway, instead of Columbus) took us right to the entrance.

The couple who own the campground are very nice/helpful.

30-50 amp service available
    Sewer available – a connector is required (one of the campground rules)
    Dump station if needed
    Bath house – small – clean – but women’s has electrical panels for the campground
    No laundry facilities

Gravel roads in campground are narrow - Most sites (gravel/grass) level or nearly level, depending on which site you’re in

Sites too close together – the people in front of us couldn’t put their awning out, and we didn’t put ours out because we were along the road people used to pull in or out, and we were afraid they wouldn’t see the awning when they came around the corner and hit it on their way in. In one of the pictures, you will see our rig, with what looks like a road for the motorhome to our left. But believe it, or not, that’s a space for another rig. People pulling in there came too close to our rig (for our comfort – in one case, about six inches) when they came around the bend.

Personally – I feel that their daily rates are too high, but we got an old weekly rate, which she gave me because I had made reservations before they raised their rates this year.

There are a lot of seasonals parked around the outside here, but the campground has people coming & going all the time, usually staying only a night or two.

Most attractions are fairly close by, which is why we chose this campground, about 20 minutes, depending on traffic and road construction. A very nice grocery store is just a little over a mile away, and there is other shopping (including Wal-Mart) that’s not far away either.

It served our purposes for our stay; we weren’t at the campsite very much during the day, but I think if we ever visited Columbus again, we would find some other place to camp. It was just too small – no space to walk or be outside.

Zerelda
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JEBar; 10-15-2013, 11:50 AM. Reason: add link
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

It looks like one busy place:salute:

Comment

Working...
    X